Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Images! What is the ideal size for web upload?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    25 Sep 2013 - 1:58 PM

I have for years had all my website images resized to 400x300 pixels but someone told me this might be to small and I need to have photos that are at least 600x450 to show my photos to better effect. I was unsure if this was true as I do not want people having to scroll down the page to view my images as I like my sites to be as user friendly as possible. Can anyone adivise on if larger images are better or not? thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Sep 2013 - 1:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

icphoto
    icphoto  131443 forum posts England
    25 Sep 2013 - 2:23 PM

Personally I set mine to 800 pixels on the longest dimension, they show much better, but possibly make it easier for the cons to rip them if (if they wanted one that is!). I have never had any complaints that they load slowly.

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2013 - 2:25 PM

E2 pics are 1000px along the long edge. If I look back to my pre-E2 pics (600px) they look small.

Lucian
    Lucian  4561 forum posts
    25 Sep 2013 - 2:58 PM

Do you think that when it comes to weddings photos people prefer to see larger photos. I was just conscious that because so many people view websites on small mobile devices it might be harder for them to navigate back to the other pages if they are trying to scoll up a page for the other links.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2013 - 6:09 PM

get a responsive website and they should be resized for any device, automatically, by your website.... clever stuff out there these days

indemnity
    indemnity  6329 forum posts
    26 Sep 2013 - 8:51 AM

I resize all to 800x600 it seems to be OK for most hosting sites and load within a reasonable time. You can adjust the compression when saving a resized image, just be careful of artefacts as the resolution drops.

MichaelMelb_AU
    26 Sep 2013 - 10:44 AM

The netbook that I use for casual browsing has 1024x600 screen resolution. 800x600 images look good on it and load fast.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.