Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Images on Google?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Jun 2005 - 3:36 PM

Anybody know how you get your photos on google?,

for example if i type in a search for lets say Lindisfarne,every photo under the sun comes up but not mine Ive tried using Lindisfarne-island or Lindisfarne.jpg,etc,

But still nothing happens?.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jun 2005 - 3:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh  1022777 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2005 - 3:52 PM

Give it time.....LOL

andytvcams
    10 Jun 2005 - 3:56 PM

Back home Keith?.

keithh
    10 Jun 2005 - 3:57 PM

waiting to set out for Whitby

andytvcams
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:11 PM

I'm in York all next week,hopefully will try and get to the coast or moor,during the evening.

AdrianTurner
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:17 PM

What do you have in the 'ALT' tag for the image, it can make a big difference.

keithh
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:19 PM

say what?

AdrianTurner
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:25 PM

In the HTML of the page that the image is hosted on there will be an 'ALT' tag associated with that image, when Google searches for images it includes the content of this tag in its search criteria. You could therefore use it to place keywords or a description.

Example

img src="/images/pic1.jpg" alt="Lindisfarne, Holy Island"

EDIT: if the image you are refering to is the one on Northscape, then the ALT tag is already set to alt="Lindisfarne"

andytvcams
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:45 PM

Does that mean i dont have to do anything on northscape?

keithh
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:46 PM

reckon so...cheers Adrian.

AdrianTurner
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:49 PM

Yes, back to Keiths first response 'Give it time' though if you wanted, you could add extra keywords to the ALT tag.

andytvcams
    10 Jun 2005 - 4:53 PM

Many thanks,much appreciated

philwig
    philwig  9817 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Jun 2005 - 12:48 AM

I actually thought this question would be about how to remove your images from google. Until I took my stuff off there I used to get lots of deep/ hot linking and this seemed to be the source. People who use google images don't generally want to pay for my images.

FWIW to stop google images (but not the search engine itself) spidering you, create a "robots.txt" file in your root directory and stick this in it:

Quote: User-agent: Googlebot-Image
    Disallow: /

chriswebb
    chriswebb  10893 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Jun 2005 - 1:43 AM

I think Google Images is updated VERY rarely, as it still shows some images from website I ran a few years ago but closed over 2 years ago.

As Phil said though, you need to think about whether you actually want your photos on Google as they are much more likely to be nicked.

yuno
    yuno  10271 forum posts Croatia
    13 Jun 2005 - 4:23 AM

yeah i dont want my images on google. i want my site there, but not images. when someone uses google image search to find an image, in most cases they dont really have intentions of crediting you for whatever they use the photo for.

i had my photos used and modified without my permission and without me even being credited before, im very wary of that stuff....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.