Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
I have a variety of camera lens (all capped)/accessories plus a few cameras as well. All are in great working order, but have been used. They were used by my grandfather and then given to me... hence, they are older, but in great condition.
I would like to see someone else use these pieces and love them as much as my grandfather did. If I were to sell them, do you - the experts! - think that I ought to take the time to sell them individually? Or as a lot? Do you think someone would even want these things? And if so, for how much?
I know very, very little about photography. I did research each piece, but am honestly still confused! Some are worth a higher amount, some lower. I'm just not sure what do to....
Any advice from you all - the wonderful experts??
Here is a list of a majority of the pieces:
1. Olympus OM-4 Camera (black) with Recordata Back and Quartzdate (in a leather carrier)
2. Vivitar lens 28-135mm 1:3.5-4.5 MC Macro Focusing Zoom 67mm No. 09400922 (in a black case)
3. 67mm Tiffen 812 (x2)
4. Pentax Super Program Camera with Digital Data (near mint cond.) (in a leather carrier)
5. SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm lens (in a black case)
6. Spiratone OptiCap 72mm
7. Spiratone 1:8 F=500mm Mirror Lens No. 811002072 Minitel-M Plura-Coat (in a black case)
8. Spiratone Plura-Coat 2X T-Converter Lens
9. Vivitar lens 28-135mm 1:3.5-4.5 MC Macro Focusing Zoom 67mm No. 09402073 (in a black case)
10. Vivitar Automatic Tele Converter 3X-21 (in original case)
11. Olympus OM-System Zuiko MC Auto-S 1:1.8 f=500mm (in original case)
12. Pocket Instamatic 20 Camera (no case)
13. Tower Pocket Flash No. 8900 (in original box)
14. Olympus Stylus Camera 150 QD CG (Refurbished on 5/19/06 - in original box)
15. Osram S 18 flash (in original box)
16. Osram SC 18 flash (in original box)
17. Minolta Freedom 50 Camera Focus Free (in black bag)
18. Sears Telephoto Converter Lens for Pentax-K mount MY8102
19. Argus M5700D Auto Focus Camera (no case)
20. Argus C630 Camera Motorized Focus-Free F3.8 38mm (with manual and case)
21. Vivitar Zoom Thyristor 5200 (for the OM-4) (in black case)
22. Sunpak auto 433D Thyristor (for Pentax) (in black case)
23. Focus-Free Camera 35 1:56 38mm
24. Pentax Winder M II
25. Spiratone Autowinder OM-1TR
26. Fotomate Double-Threaded Coated Filter 67mm ND2 (in original box)
27. Tiffen 55mm 812 (in original box)
28. Fotomate Double-Threaded Coated Filter 62mm Y2 (in original box)
29. Tiffen Opti-Cap 49mm 612 (in original box)
30. Hoya HMC Filter Multi-coated 67mm Cir. Polarizer (in original box)
31. Tiffen 67mm 812 (in original box)
32. CL-UP (in black case)
33. Spiratone T Flange for Olympus (in original box)
34. Spiratone Customizer 62->52 (in original box)
35. Spiratone Customizer 62->55 (in original box)
36. Fotomate Double-Threaded Coated Filter 67mm Cross (in original box)
37. Toyo Optics Filter 67mm Cross 4X (in original box)
38. Toyo Optics Filter 67mm Red (in original box)
39. Spiratone T-Mount Adaptor for Pentax-K (in original box)
40. Spiratone T-Mount Adaptor for Konica
41. Spiratone SLR Eyepiece Critical Focuser (in original box with instruction page)
Thank you so, so much!!
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
Oh - and by-the-way... I totally understand that this is such a broad question to ask and also pretty detailed. I genuinely appreciate any quick thoughts or advice you are able to give.
Basically, what I am wondering is: If you - the expert - saw an ad with these items for sale, is it something you would want to purchase?
Thank you again!
Sadly the list contains a lot of items that would not attract many people these days so you would struggle to sell individually.
Here's what I would do - log into eBay
Put the main part of the item's name into the search feature.
This will bring up if any are currently listed to give you an idea if any are being sold and also if they have bids. Then click on the completed listings option on the left to see if any have solde. Ones with green value are sold and that's the price they went for.
This will then give you an idea of what the item is worth. If no one has bid on an item on your list then combine it with others and sell as a job lot in the hope you get a dealer or some collector who will just take pot luck with the items as a collection.
The rest list individually.
To find values of Spirotone you may need to ignore the brand name in the search as it was a brand that was just a version of another make...Jessops in the UK produced the same products under the Jessops brand name. So look up T-Mount Adaptor Pentax-K and not Spiratone T-Mount Adaptor.
If any are impossible to find let us know and we'll help further
I think you may have listed number 11 as 500mm when it should be 50mm?
Really can't improve upon Pete's advice above.
List as much as you can separately, certainly for any item you might hope to get more than about £5 for.
The problem with offering job lots is that a collector, seeing one item in the lot that he wants, will only place a bid to the maximum he values that one item at - so you are effectively getting zero for the other items in the lot.
Wow, quite a selection! Welcome to ephotozine Lisa. I don't know your situation Lisa, or your free time. The list is daunting, too many objects. Are you sure you don't want to get involved with photography yourself? It doesn't matter that the stuff is old, as long as it is in working order, get a camera in your hands and keep a lasting memory of the world around you. There are lots of videos in you tube how to load a film on your camera. Buy a cheap Kodak film of 100 ISO if you live in a very sunny state od ISO 400 if you live in a not so sunny state, give it for developing and enjoy teh results. There is plenty of information here about lenses and use of lenses; Alternatively you can check with your library to find books on film photography and take it from there. Have a look in my blog also. I hope it will help you start off something exciting.
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
This month's sponsor
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
30th April 2013 - 31st May 2013
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View May's Photo Month Calendar