Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

In this day of Nanny State Culture

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Westers
    Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 2:53 PM

It's good to see the Isle of Man TT still going strong and celebrating it's centenary this year.

For anyone interested then John McGuiness has just taken his 12th TT Victory in todays Superbike race. He also set a new lap record (for the class) at an average of 128mph, that's over 36 odd miles of every day, tree and wall lined roads.

Still not the fastest time recorded (he did 129pmh last year) and if conditions are favourable then the 130 mph lap is on the cards this year.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2007 - 2:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 2:58 PM

Quote: John McGuiness has just taken his 12th TT Victory

My Goodness! My McGuiness! Smile

(I did watch the pre-amble program about it yesterday).

jas

Westers
    4 Jun 2007 - 3:27 PM

LOL - I've got that to watch and then the Superbike race afterwards....and the wife is away tonight so I'll be watching it in peace!!
    Smile

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 3:35 PM

Ah! But this is the Isle of Mann.

Where Death or Glory in dangerous sports are an accepted risk, Too right as well.

However I fear they will soon come under the scrutiny of the Nanny State, And that will be the end of that, Just like evrything else.

GGGrrrrrrrrr Sad

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 3:38 PM

Quote: However I fear they will soon come under the scrutiny of the Nanny State, And that will be the end of that, Just like evrything else.

Too True I suspect! Sad

edrhodes
    edrhodes  9521 forum posts United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 3:44 PM

Will be a very sad day if the "jobs worth" pull the plug on this, the finest road race in the world bar none.

Westers
    4 Jun 2007 - 3:50 PM

I dunno, I think the TT has a few good years ahead of it now as the organisation of the event has been revamped. Prior to this (and from the late 90's or so) the organisers were becoming complacent and the teams and competitors were unhappy with things. Sadly it took the high profile deaths of Dave Jefferies and journalist Gus Scott to make them wake up and start putting things right.

It'll never be a safe place, but the riders accept that, but there were things missing (like properly trained marshalls) that could (and now have) been fixed. In the last two years, and certainly this year, things have shown a big level of improvement in professionalism to the whole event, so much so that they're starting to attract new (and potentially competitive) riders to the event.

The turnaround has (I think) given the Manx government a renewed incentive for fighting for its continuation on the island - Certainly they've put a much bigger effort into the races in the last couple of years.

So I think it's future looks good for a while and the nanny state culture will be ignored.

edrhodes
    edrhodes  9521 forum posts United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 4:12 PM

Ian, I think you hit the nail on the head. As for it's future lets hope the "bods" see sense!

Hoffy
    Hoffy  9212 forum posts England16 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2007 - 5:58 PM

Its wonderful. I will be watching all week.
    Went for many years, now cannot which is a shame.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.