Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Indian Tablet for only $35

kombizz
9 591 1 United States
28 Oct 2011 9:48AM
Yeah, you heard it right.
The Aakash Android Indian tablet is so cheap that you can afford to buy for each member of your family for this Christmas.
You may read more here .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Oct 2011 10:24AM
The cheaper this stuff becomes the less real interaction between people as everyone has their heads down in virtual interaction. I wonder if in the future we're destined to lose our voices?
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
28 Oct 2011 10:26AM

Quote:The cheaper this stuff becomes the less real interaction between people as everyone has their heads down in virtual interaction. I wonder if in the future we're destined to lose our voices?

Isn't that the essence of EPZ tho Pete?
MikeA e2
10 1.2k England
28 Oct 2011 10:59AM

Quote:The cheaper this stuff becomes the less real interaction between people as everyone has their heads down in virtual interaction. I wonder if in the future we're destined to lose our voices?

More to the point how many have lost their Childhoods to bring us these cheap toys?
kombizz
9 591 1 United States
28 Oct 2011 11:53AM

I am sure in the near future, almost everybody use visual visors on their head, talk to each other either thru it or thru their advanced cyber palm on hands.
Future is now
kombizz
9 591 1 United States
28 Oct 2011 11:54AM

More to the point how many have lost their Childhoods to bring us these cheap toys?

I am sorry to correct you. They are toys, instead they are tools of better living in the digital era.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
28 Oct 2011 12:01PM

Quote:They are toys, instead they are tools of better living in the digital era.

I assume yoou meant NOT toys. Even so they are still made by exploited child labour.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Oct 2011 12:04PM

Quote:Isn't that the essence of EPZ tho Pete?

There's a balance
I'm seeing families all sat in a room, heads down, no conversation
Mobile devices in restaurants as both partners sit opposite and communicate with other people - heads down. I assume they're talking to others - if they're talking to each other that would be sad...it happens in work environments now...people two desks away communicate by email / messaging.
people half watching films - missing key scenes as they "multi-task"
People in cars heads down - missing the views
I could go on. Maybe I'm just getting old and the technology is starting to surpass me. Don't get me wrong I have it all ipad, iphone, laptop, pc at home and office, pc in music room. I'd say I am an over user in the office environment. I just feel when you move to the living room/car/restaurant/party/concert you should switch off and enjoy the moment with the people you're with.
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2011 12:28PM
Its happening allready, i see peaple on facebook updating every 10 minsb on what they are doing, even on a new date, My pet hate is the peaple in the supermarket with a permenent phone attached to there ear with no regard to others, What happened to making desisions like we will have "chops" tonight rather than phone and ask on every ailse.
redsnappa e2
12 2.0k United Kingdom
28 Oct 2011 12:30PM

Quote:The cheaper this stuff becomes the less real interaction between people as everyone has their heads down

Luckily this was not societies reaction when books became cheap enouph for poorer people to obtain.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2011 12:37PM

Quote:What happened to making desisions like we will have "chops" tonight rather than phone and ask on every ailse.
lol I witnessed someone doing that with toilet rolls once, I mean does it really matter what colour?!!Grin

But on the other hand have you tried to get through to a big company recently? Tried to get through to E.on on the phone but I refuse to wait more than half an hour using my phone bill so tried emailing them instead. You get an instant (automatic) response all right but it takes five days (min) to actually get an answer and then you cant reply to the email because its a non-reply to address! And if you email again, yep another 5 days wait or if you use the complaints email its 10 days! lol
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2011 1:35PM

Quote:.people two desks away communicate by email / messaging.
well, they don't want their boss hearing what they're saying !!!!

Seriously (or perhaps that is serious in some offices), if they're saying "oh look the sun's some out" email is a bit silly, but if they want to give me some info, email is often more sensible than verbal communication. I'd only have to write it down and type it in again. And you don't have to interrupt anyone else's afternoon nap I mean train of thought Smile
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Oct 2011 2:50PM
Er..you posted this about 3 weeks ago, Kombizz asking us to give our contact details to someone somewhere in the world.

And the reviews that I have red on these devices say they are very poor.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.