Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Industrial Archeology of Scotland

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
7 Nov 2012 5:12PM
All suggestions welcomed.

I am looking to compile a portfolio of images, suitable for incorporation into an AV presentation, illustrating the industrial archeology of Scotland.

I am interested in anything and everything in this subject area - whether it is a ruinous condition or has been restored and preserved.

All suggestions of potential photogenic sites welcomed.

Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2012 5:23PM
The no.1 for me would be St Peters Seminary Glasgow , on the list of top 100 architectural sites in the world and a catastrophe of industrial and modern design now in a derelict state , not sure this fits your scope but i have many photos of it ..
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
7 Nov 2012 5:26PM
Both Summerlee in Airdrie and New Lanark both must be worth a look. There's also a coal gas museum in Biggar. Another belter is the Graving Docks on the south side of the River Clyde in Glasgow. They are quite a sight.
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2012 6:47PM
My son's a bit of an expert on this topic. I'll consult him and get back later.
8 Nov 2012 7:52AM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Please keep them coming.
widtink e2
2 406 2 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 8:07AM
Any of the Nairns Linoleum buildings in Kirkcaldy one is now residential one is sorta derilict see my PF Smile

Rod

And obviously any pit/mining stuff plenty o that in Scotland
kaybee e2
10 4.0k 24 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 8:26AM
Lady Victoria mining museum

The Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway ............ not forgetting the Birkhill clay mines at the end of the line.
Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 9:11AM

Quote: not forgetting the Birkhill clay mines at the end of the line.

Unfortunately the Birkhill Fireclay Mine is temporarily closed. See: http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/venues/birkhill-fireclay-mine/
9 Nov 2012 10:59PM
I hope it is only temporary, Railcam. It's a location that was very popular with photographers.
Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
10 Nov 2012 10:43AM
I am having difficulty finding out the current situation regarding the mine. A lot of the surface buildings were unsafe and I think some have since been demolished. I am sure this was the original reason for closure. I have no idea when/if it will reopen.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.