Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Info on Minox 35 gt-s or gt-x

25 Jun 2008 10:55PM
i currently own a minox 35 gt, i love it for its compactness but it is a little ropey with its age and it takes silly batterys also its not idea for low light photos without a flash wich is my current favorite type of picture taking. from what i understand the gt-s and gt-x both allow the use of 3200 film (without any guess work or other light meter) is there info anyone can give me on these cameras that i should know about and also can anyone tell me where i might find one of these second hand, or does anyone have one they might flog me via ebay if nessasary(disregard this part of my question if im not allowed to ask this on the forums)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nikon e2
11 117 1 England
26 Jun 2008 12:37AM
Hi Hamish,
I agree with you the Minox 35 GT is a great little camera. I have two, but sadly the shutter magnets have gone on one of them.I contacted minox at Minox.com and they can relace the shutter mechanism for about sixty to seventy pounds (including mail). They can also supply the new battery adapter which accomodates 2 Duracell DL1/3N (3 volt batteries) as the original mercury based cell is no longer available.
Not sure about the max film speed on the GT-X and GT-S,but on the GT it is 32 DIN / 800 ASA. By the way you can also down load or have mailed to you an instuction manual from Minox.
Dave
pcheywood 9 1.3k England
26 Jun 2008 12:43AM
Have you thought about an Olympus XA? Miles better. Wink

Paul.
26 Jun 2008 8:39AM
dave...cheers for the info on getting them fixed by minox i didi not know that!! i currently work in a camera shop and i found a load of the old batterys in a draw so im alright for battery power on my minox for a while! 800 is just not high enough with the 2.8 lens for what i want to do and because its auto im stuck!

paul... i have thought about an xa, and by coincidence by mid morning i should have an xa2 with a flash in the post from someone on ebay, cost me 8.31 inc postage, a steel i feel, provided it works!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.