Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Informal London meet-ups group? - idea on hold

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well, here I was, all keen to perhaps start up an Informal London Meet-up Group when the weather turned sweltering and in a few days London will be gridlocked. The two really don't make for a happy experience so perhaps when all the "fun" is over is the way to go. (Haha, see what I did there Smile).

Well I'll put it out there anyway. I was thinking along the lines of people just posting in the Group where they're going and when, and if anyone wants to join them to just turn up. No planning, no lists and no obligation. I know many of us just see what they feel like doing on the day and that's why I thought informality might be best. Getting from one side of London to the other can be tricky too and train/underground works mess up travel arrangements on a regular basis which is one reason I personally don't like to commit. And the weather. Sad

I know it all sounds a bit random, but it might give us some good ideas of places to visit in the future, places we might not have thought of or know about. And often we like to be on our own, but other times it's really good to have company.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone'd be interested.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jul 2012 - 11:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 11:58 AM

I want to go for a ride on the new cable car across the River Thames between the Greenwich Peninsular & The Royal Docks.

No idea of the details or how much it costs.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 12:15 PM

I kind of like the idea Chris, then I could just look at the events calendar and see if there was something I wanted to join in with.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 12:22 PM

And I want to go to the David Bailey exhibition soonish and Another London at the Tate Britain.
I'm leaving the cable car until after the Olympics as I think it might be very busy indeed, especially as the schools are closed too.

Just wondering about an Events Calendar though. That's sort of like arranging things rather than just upping and going. I've no idea how to set up a group so perhaps a Forum would be better rather than a Group.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 12:23 PM

Quote: then I could just look at the events calendar

And Events no longer have to belong to a Group Smile

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6697 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 12:27 PM

Would be up for this, let me know if you get it going.
Sandra

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 12:36 PM

Quote: Just wondering about an Events Calendar though. That's sort of like arranging things rather than just upping and going. I've no idea how to set up a group so perhaps a Forum would be better rather than a Group.

Groups have a calendar & a forum. With the calendar you can slap an entry in saying "I might be shooting towerbridge next thursday if you fancy joining me". Just makes it weasier to see what is when then a load of forum threads.

SlowSong
24 Jul 2012 - 12:39 PM

Ok. That's better than a Group. Cheers.
You work in town Chris (I think). I'll be interested to know how you find the travelling when it all kicks off.

lobsterboy
24 Jul 2012 - 1:23 PM

It's already helish busy already, if it is as bad as they say its going to be I recon I will be working from home.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 1:34 PM

I might be interested once the Olympics have passed.

SlowSong
24 Jul 2012 - 1:39 PM

Quote: It's already helish busy already, if it is as bad as they say its going to be I recon I will be working from home.

Mmm, thought so. My OH got caught on the Central Line last night. Not nice.

Well sounds like a few of you are interested. I know of another couple who would be as well so I'll leave this on the back burner until after YKW. SadSmile

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41050 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 5:17 PM

Sounds good to me. Smile

lobsterboy
25 Jul 2012 - 8:40 AM

Photographically it is worthing coming into London during the olympiscs if you can - the best time would probebly be between the Olympics & paralympics. there is an absolute mass of public artwork all over the city that is worth seeing, here is just some of it.

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Chris . . .

. . . bookmarked.

I've got six weeks to fill between now and September!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139443 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 2:07 PM

Quote: I might be interested once the Olympics have passed.

Ditto. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.