Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Infringement

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111547 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2011 - 7:49 AM

Richard Prince ordered to destroy lucrative artwork in copyright breach

And rightly so I think.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Mar 2011 - 7:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2011 - 8:42 AM

Glad to see justice done, He calls him self an artist, but don't artists have an imagination of there own to come up with something original and fresh rather than copy other peoples work and add one item and say it's there's.
    Too many people in the world with a lack of skill and artistic imagination that have to copy someone else's work because they themselves lack in those departments.

randomrubble
    24 Mar 2011 - 8:55 AM

This is clearly a correct decision, and I hope it isn't overturned by appeals.

It's wasy to knock Prince but in some of the early works, like the Marlboro man images, appropriating commercial images decontextualising them and placing a different meaning on them clearly had artistic value in the same vein as Warhol's Campbells soup prints or Brillo boxes for example.

In the Cariou case he doesn't seem to have added anything useful. Lets hope the photographer gets some worthwhile compensation from this.

Last Modified By randomrubble at 24 Mar 2011 - 8:56 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.