Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ink streaks when using photoblack

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Bum! not solved.

I have just put a sheet of Ilford Galerie Gold Mono Silk through and there is a strip of wet black ink vertically down the top of the first image (4 to a page).

Its a "pool" about 1" long by 1/8" wide

I'll have to get in touch with the Epson Chat help line

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Just run off a colour page and this time its chucking out horizontal strips of wet ink across the page.

Its aggravating as the print quality is still as good as ever, but I can't keep on wasting paper like this Sad

brian1208
21 May 2013 - 1:34 PM

Well, that may be a result, so far I'm very impressed with the Epson Chat Helpline.

I've been told that there appears to be a leak in the printer, they confirmed I have a 3 year warranty and they have arranged for an Epson engineer to contact me to arrange a home vist to sort the problem

If it all works I shall be highly delighted! (I've heard some bad stories about their help in the past, but so far, so very good Smile )

Watch this space Wink

brian1208
22 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

just had a call from the Epson Engineer to tell me he will be bringing round a replacement printer shortly! Grin

Apparently it comes without inks though, so I will have to transfer all my cartidges over - hope that doesn't result in any problems Sad

Still - if it solves my problem I will be a happy bunny

brian1208
22 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

the good news, he arrived as promised

the bad news, the ethernet port on the replacement printer is not working so he will have to take it away, leaving me waiting for another replacement, this time to be deliverd by courier.

Wasted a fair bit of ink cleaning the nozzles on the duff replacement so I'm going to try to get Epson to send down one that works + some replecement inks

brian1208
22 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hmm, no luck with replacement ink but I "should" be getting a working printer tomorrow - fingers crossed

brian1208
23 May 2013 - 3:27 PM

Well, the 2nd machine arrived today and seems to be working fine, with one really irritating problem (which I feel I should be able to sort myself but I'm being stupid today)

The only way I can get it to work is using the USB port

The previous machine was set up and worked fine using LAN but for some reaon I can't get either the LAN or Wireless connection to work

Epson help has not been helpful in this case (I followed their suggestions but with no success)

Has anyone any ideas what I need to be doing?

The printer LCD is showing a strong Wireless signal is being received and I have set the router password correctly yet its not showing the printer on the driver page

I have rebooted the machine and reset my router

It can't find the printer via LAN set up either

Any help appreciated

brian1208
24 May 2013 - 4:32 PM

I've finally sorted the problem and will detail the solution in case anyone else runs up against the same difficvulty in th future

It turned out that I had to manually reset the IP address of the printer then create a new port for it in Printer Properties and assign the new address manually to that port (it seems that it was trying to find the old printer IP via an auto routine previously assigned)

About 6 hours wasted time in total but at least its all up and running

Shame the Epson Help didn't spot the problem and offer the quick solution - but at least the replacement machine appears to be working fine now Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.