Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Instructional videos for foliopic

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
22 Dec 2010 4:56PM
I've created a set of videos to help people get going with their foliopic web sites. The first 11 are uploaded here: How to get started with foliopic More will follow.
If you've not had a go with the site yet (or did and found it hard work) I'd appreciate your views on these guides to help you set up your first web site. We think it's easy and some of the members have created excellent products using their imagination. Have a try using our free 14 day trial.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 12:18PM
Cheers Pete. Just the job..

Tony
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2011 10:01AM
Awesome stuff Pete, well done.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
23 Jan 2011 10:19AM
Glad you like them...are there any other areas you want explaining?
t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2011 9:26PM
i think mine looks ok at the moment. I do look to see if there is room for improvement by looking at others set up.If you can see room for improvement let me know and ill have a go at changing it. if i was to change the template would i loose all that is on my old template.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
27 Jan 2011 9:30PM
You only lose what you've done if you change the layout inside the template - changing templates just alters the shell.
bfgstew e2
8 668 105 England
27 Jan 2011 10:07PM
Just had the 14 day trial and was impressed by the simplicity of the set up, to get it really up to pro quality a few days serious work needed but that is purely down to how the individual wants his/her website to perform.
I have signed up for the year and looking forward to hopefully selling a few of my humble images and maybe getting some work through it, you never know.Wink
t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2011 4:08PM
Thanks again for the advice Pete.
t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2011 10:42PM
Hi Pete. How does one turn guestbook written in my comments into a link so when clicked on it it opens up into the guestbook. I have noticed other foliopic users doing the same by writing something and turning some of their wording into links but im unsure how to do this.Thanks
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
31 Jan 2011 11:01PM
I'll do a video but that may be a few days so to help you now
see this screengrab

guestbook.jpg

Go to the text you want to add the link...I assume it's the comments box on the home page where you mention guestbook? To get to this click on the homepage editor
Choose the block that contains the text you want the link placing

1 Select the word you want to be linkable - in this case guestbook
2 Click the link Icon
3 Past the url where you want the link to go...your guestbook page
4 Set target to Open in New Window if you want the guestbook to open in a new window or leave at not set if you want the page to move on to the guestbook
t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2011 9:43PM
Just the job Pete. I even managed to change the colour of the links.

Thanks

Tony

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.