Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Interesting TFP agreement...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 5:22 PM

I've a contact who's starting up a make up school and is offering TFP for photographers... just pinged me asking if I'd like to do some TF stuff

Be interested to hear your thoughts on the agreement they want photographers to sign...

Quote:
PHOTOGRAPHER’S AGREEMENT
Definitions:

‘CB’ – "Their Company"

‘Images’ – photographs produces in collaboration with CB

‘P’ - Photographer

‘TFP’- Time for Prints

CB shall have the right to use photographs as a result from any collaboration with P for any purpose, including editorial, promotion or merchandising use.

P agrees to provide credit to CB for any photographs used for publication and to use the CB logo on all published photographs.

P agrees reproduction or sale of any images is prohibited unless CB grant written permission to do so.

P agree raw images will not be released to models, any person or social medium without CB’s written permission.

The above applies to paid and TFP collaborations. Written requests must be submitted in advance for a waiver of any of the above terms.

I confirm I understand and agree to the terms above:

Last Modified By ade_mcfade at 28 Aug 2013 - 5:22 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Aug 2013 - 5:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 5:23 PM

note - CB isn't Carabosse... or anyone we know on here Wink

SteveCharles
28 Aug 2013 - 5:31 PM

TFP is a 2 way street; ask them to agree to same with roles reversed...

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 5:34 PM

So, if I read it right, you get to take the photos but they control the benefits of your work?

ade_mcfade
28 Aug 2013 - 6:28 PM

yeah - that's my reading, I'm trying to establish what exactly's going on.... pretty much bars the photographer from doing anything without their say so, yet allows them to do anything

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72330 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 6:34 PM

Thanks, but no thanks!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023181 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 7:02 PM

Quote: who's starting up a make up school

They're behaving like someone at the top of the tree. They need to come down off their faux-pedastal. Wink

ade_mcfade
28 Aug 2013 - 7:14 PM

gradually getting info....

they are going to be spending a lot on the prep, outfits, locations and make up - so want more control...

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023181 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 7:59 PM

so tell them to hire a photographer....do they know any half decent ones or what?Wink

mike0101
mike0101  10 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 8:10 PM

So any pic you posted here or e.g. entered in an ephotozine comp would have a logo stuck in the corner!

Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 8:42 PM

Honestly a lot of contracts are made only for the client they are made by and often contain a lot of clauses that will be countered or removed or adjusted. They are put in there on the offchance that they are agreed to; if not then they can be negotiated - this looks like one that needs to be negotiated.

ade_mcfade
28 Aug 2013 - 8:44 PM

apparently not... so they got me in again Wink Did a TF on my terms ages ago - was actually good fun as I just took the models outside and played around in a derelict part of Bradford (which is most of it) whilst she did make up on the other models.

I did "hint" that it looked a little more like a "job" than a "TF" deal Wink

All a bit odd - but she claims that photographer(s) are already interested... so I said I was busy and would wait to see what the gig really was... see what shots they make... hopefully an amazing set up with dreadful photography #evillaugh

but yeah - kinda "lets play cards, but I want all the face cards" mentality really Smile

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 10:20 PM

Quote: make up school and is offering TFP for photographers

Surely it is the photographer who creates the T & C's for his work/time, Not someone looking for some free promo shots...Wink

Quote: I confirm I understand and agree to the terms above:

Not the first word that I thought of Grin So " Bollards " will have to do, What a bloody cheek Tongue

No doubt there will be no shortage of mugs willing to sign up.....!!!!!!!!!!!

W T F.

ade_mcfade
28 Aug 2013 - 10:48 PM

the problem is that he/she assumes that the "set up costs" should be shared if you're going to do a true TF

which kinda implies that the photographer's contribution is worth £0

I've left the door open - may end up realising that he/she needs to "hire" a photographer... rather than those willing to work to these conditions.

Will be more than happy to take their money in that situation Smile

KathyW
KathyW  111793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 11:14 PM

I hope you sent them a price list Wink They are obviously looking for a professional photographer and should expect to pay a professional fee...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.