Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Interesting TFP agreement...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2013 - 11:39 PM

I know them Wink

very good asian makeup and clothes

their view is that they are spending a lot of money on a shoot - the photos of which the photographer will benefit from

therefore they should be able to get a free photographer (i.e. TFP) and dictate terms - or the photographer throws in 1/2 the cash

I've photographed weddings before, costing 10's of thousands, and never been asked to "pay 1/2" by the bride Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Aug 2013 - 11:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023040 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 6:25 AM

I think they are hiding behind the TFP banner when what they mean is Free Photographer Wanted even though we'll spend lots of money on the rest of the shoot.

thewilliam
29 Aug 2013 - 9:12 AM

Quote: I think they are hiding behind the TFP banner when what they mean is Free Photographer Wanted even though we'll spend lots of money on the rest of the shoot.

I have a lot of commercial prospects tell me that there's little or no budget for photography. I thought that a TFP shoot was supposed to be a co-operative venture where nobody charges anybody else and all can benefit from the resulting pix. The zero fee doesn't make it TFP.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 10:16 AM

the thing is, she "thinks" it is a TF because she'll let the photographer use the photo on her terms Wink

Wow - thanks for letting me use MY photos... very kind Wink

Tell you what - shall I let YOU use them too

thewilliam
29 Aug 2013 - 12:09 PM

One reason why I no longer actively seek commercial work is that getting payment often takes more time and effort than the job itself.

Ad and PR agencies usually expect to wait until they've been paid by their client before they'll settle with the snapper.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 29 Aug 2013 - 12:11 PM
779HOB
779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Aug 2013 - 12:15 PM

Quote: pretty much bars the photographer from doing anything without their say so, yet allows them to do anything

As long as they are paying you for this that's fine.

ade_mcfade
29 Aug 2013 - 12:55 PM

they are not paying - so that means it's not fine, if I understand your logic correctly Wink

779HOB
29 Aug 2013 - 12:58 PM

In that case Ade, what is in it for you. I'd walk.

ade_mcfade
29 Aug 2013 - 1:17 PM

I did in a way... just want to see what happens over the next month or 2 - no point closing a door, just don't walk through it too soon Wink

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 1:19 PM

If they already have some photographers interested, why would they need to ping you? Wink

779HOB
29 Aug 2013 - 1:27 PM

Right move Ade, never close a door but sometimes take a while to wander through.

ade_mcfade
29 Aug 2013 - 1:49 PM

Quote: If they already have some photographers interested, why would they need to ping you? Wink

I'm a nice guy, they like me Wink

What can I say !

They've probably got some bollywood style wedding photographer

Quote: Right move Ade, never close a door but sometimes take a while to wander through.

Was tempting to go off on one,say they were taking the piss and all that - but what's the point? They'll probably tell 10 people that I went off on one, which goes a long way in the Bradford Muslim community - a community I enjoy working with, shot all sorts for them Smile

Anyway - off to see a client about my biggest ever job... best polish the shoes Wink

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72274 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 6:18 PM

Quote: a community I enjoy working with, shot all sorts for them

They have a strange way of showing their appreciation Ade, if this is the agreement they want you to sign.

ade_mcfade
29 Aug 2013 - 11:33 PM

it's definitely a 1-off.... they are usually straight forward normal shoots... this is a bizarre exception Wink

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023040 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 12:35 PM

I really don't get them. You say they are paying out big money for the shoot, which I guess will be some sort of fashion style shoot but they want a free photographer who they will then put so many barriers in front of, that it makes it almost impossible to use the photo's for their own promotion ( handy that).

The only photographers who will stick their hands up on this will be woefully under equipped either in hardware or experience to capeture anything with any commercial value and they will have spent all that money for nothing.

A 6x4 sun bounce is in excess of 300 quid on its own but they want that and more for free? Robbing &@&@. Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.