Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
4 Dec 2010 - 2:58 PM

Anyone tried this yet ?. Just downloaded it and installed it myself it does seem a bit more niftier than the previous versions...a bit faster too...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Dec 2010 - 2:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
4 Dec 2010 - 3:23 PM

Must confess that I am so prejudiced against Microsoft IE that I wouldn't use it even if it did turn out to be better than Firefox.

That's not rational, I know, but the fact that with the last half dozen versions of IE, MS have had to issue security updates so frequently does not inspire confidence. I really did not think that any serious user was still willing to risk it.

Jestertheclown

Quote: I really did not think that any serious user was still willing to risk it.

Agreed.

I can't use IE9 as I'm still (very hapilly) using XP but as you say, I wouldn't use it if I could.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 4 Dec 2010 - 3:56 PM
redsnappa
redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Dec 2010 - 4:15 PM

Quote: IE, MS have had to issue security updates so frequently does not inspire confidence.

It's the companies that never issue patches or updates for their software that worry me more.

Simon_Palmer
4 Dec 2010 - 4:42 PM

Check This

IE well down the list, top is Chrome funnily enough, Safari right behind it.

IE9 is a beautiful browser IMO. Just don't install Google Toolber, the evil empire is watching and also makes IE crash, funny that Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
4 Dec 2010 - 5:00 PM

Quote: IE9 is a beautiful browser IMO. )

Yes its definitely very appealing visually Smile On the question of whether there is something called as a most secure browser ? I think the jury is still out on it most any IT Guru you talk to has differing opinions on it...my personal experience though tells me that the browser is the least of your worries Smile if you have strong security systems set up from a OS and machine perspective and healthy browsing habits (read as no toolbars etc) you should be fine , over the past decade i have pretty much used all the different browsers out there..FF still remains my browser of choice more from a stability and speed perspective, the latest IE 9 though seems to be pretty fast as well, given the rate at which vulnerabilities are exposed by crackers frequent updates and patches are a desired function Smile

WilliamRoar
4 Dec 2010 - 9:55 PM

Bit faster than other versions.
Just as buggy.
Looks better than other versions.
Just as insecure - with frequent things which need to be patched.

Just get Firefox.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
chavender
chavender e2 Member 3210 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2010 - 12:54 PM

+1 for Firefox.
Bill

RogBrown
RogBrown  73001 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2010 - 1:09 PM

Another vote for FF.

User_Removed
5 Dec 2010 - 1:38 PM

IE9 nightly way ahead of FF and chrome nightly.

Jestertheclown

Quote: IE9 nightly way ahead of FF and chrome nightly.

. . . Pardon?

User_Removed
5 Dec 2010 - 3:18 PM

Browsers arn't static software.

Builds are released on a near enough nightly basis if you know where to go, allowing you to follow in the development of them.

This is why chrome 3 and IE9 2 versions will appear to you as an upgrade from chrome 3 to chrome 4, when in reality it will be chrome 3.1171.003 to 4.0021.003. Or the like.

The IE9 builds are so much better than both chrome and firefox right now, for everything but java execution which obviously chrome will be better at.

User_Removed
5 Dec 2010 - 3:20 PM

I think the only reason Safari comes so high up the ratings is because of the huge iPhone and iPad user base (as well as the Macs). But I can't see any reason for using it on a PC.

The beauty of Firefox is not just that it is so much more secure than IE, it is also much less resource-hungry.

I suspect that Microsoft made a huge commercial blunder by removing Outlook Express from Windows 7. Now millions of users will discover what we all discovered years ago - that Thunderbird is miles better. And once all those Windows users discover Thunderbird, they will also discover Firefox. Goodbye IE.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2010 - 3:30 PM

Quote: The beauty of Firefox is not just that it is so much more secure than IE,

Unfortunately I'm not convinced that holds true any more. I seem to be seeing more and more case where viruses have hit firefox.

Jestertheclown

Quote: Unfortunately I'm not convinced that holds true any more.

It's probably not true any more.
It was inevitable that as more and more people migrated away from IE to FF, the troublemakers would follow suit.

Jester.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.