Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Internet Shopping

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Munro
    Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Feb 2009 - 11:40 PM

I am looking to purchase the Canon EF 24-105mm f4L and was wondering if anyone had any feedback (good or bad) on the following suppliers.

Martins Camera Shop

Mifsuds

AAA Bargains

Each of the above seem reasonably competetive in todays price hiked world but never having used any of them previously would appreciate some advice.

Mark

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Feb 2009 - 11:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper
    Snapper  93717 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2009 - 11:58 PM

Mifsuds are a well known & respected business and have been on the go since 1954.

Last Modified By Snapper at 14 Feb 2009 - 11:59 PM
    User_Removed
    15 Feb 2009 - 12:01 AM

A few prices ect

Misfuds about the cheapest..... The top one Harrisons, say it's not available now.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Feb 2009 - 12:06 AM
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Feb 2009 - 12:03 AM

I've bought stuff from Harrisons, who seem to have the lowest price on Camerapricebuster.

Snapper
    Snapper  93717 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Feb 2009 - 12:16 AM

Martins is in West Yorkshire and you can actually go there and pick it up, but the website isn't clear as to whether or not it is official UK stock.

AAA Bargains is an Amazon seller and appear to actually be based in the US, or at least the testimonials talk of goods coming from the US.

johnp
    johnp  9136 forum posts United Kingdom
    15 Feb 2009 - 9:24 PM

I have done business with Mifsuds and would have recommended them BUT I e-mailed them over a month ago and have had no reply so I tried ringing, and ringing, and ringing, and ringing but yet to get an answer. I even did Google searches to see if they had gone out of business!

You could see if kerso has one on ebay - I can certainly vouch for them, having visited the house in Scotland to collect my 100-400L.

Then there's Canon's outlet on ebay. - reconditioned stock but fully guaranteed.

Finally, are you able to get to Focus next week? Jacobs are renowned for their bargains. Best go on Sunday in case they sell out of what you want.

In the meantime, I can highly recommend the lens - see most of the images in my gallery

John

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.