Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 2

Introducing The ePHOTOzine Photography Course!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

emmaK22
emmaK22 ePHOTOzine Staff 355 forum postsemmaK22 vcard United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013 - 10:17 AM

Today, we are proud to announce the launch of our very own Photography Course!

Available to photographers of all levels, the course is written and directed by some of the best working photographers in their field. The ePHOTOzine Photography Course is split into easy to follow modules that are marked individually and 24-hour student support is available.

Plus, by signing up, members can get a huge discount of up to 80% on Adobe products!

For more information, take a look at our press release.

Our comprehensive Diploma of Professional Photography course is aimed at those who wish to build a career as a photographer, or simply take their hobby to the next level.

What makes the ePHOTOzine Photography Course so unique is that you can contact us any time, day or night. Student Support is on hand 24/7 to answer any queries you may have throughout the course to ensure your time with us is enjoyable and fulfilling. As this course is provided 100% online, you have the flexibility to work at a pace that suits you, around your schedule and from anywhere in the world.

All of our students receive a password protected Student Site that houses all of their work and correspondence. This is where you will download your modules (these are your text books in PDF form for easy access), submit your assignments and converse with your tutor and Student Support. There are 12 comprehensive modules that make up this course, each with an assignment task to complete to aide your learning. The assignments are a combination of theory and practical tasks with most requiring you to upload your images.

Your tutor will send your marked assignment back to you via the secure Student Site. You will receive a mark out of 10 as well as extensive feedback to help you improve your skills and knowledge so you can transform into the best photographer you can be.

Your personal tutor will also be available to help you at any time. Your tutorís job is to support and guide you through your studies and provide personalised feedback and constructive criticism on your assignment work. Your tutor is there to help you when you need help with your course work.

Our carefully selected tutors are leaders in their field, professional photographers who are passionate about their work and sharing their talent, knowledge and experience with others. This learning environment will give you the chance to gain valuable insights into the world of becoming a professional photographer whilst building your portfolio. George Seper, the author of this course, is a highly regarded professional freelance photographer within the industry, both nationally and internationally.

A Diploma of Professional Photography, issued by our Board of Examiners, is awarded to those students who successfully complete this course. This certification is recognised globally.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 4 Apr 2013 - 2:32 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Apr 2013 - 10:17 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 10:22 AM

Excellent. How would you say £599 compares with similar online courses? Smile

Peter_West
3 Apr 2013 - 10:42 AM

Gutted. Sadly way out of my price league at moment, was hoping something like this would materialise just didnít expect this much, hopefully if itís a success they will run future courses and Iíll be in a better position money wise Sad

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111945 forum poststj vcard England
3 Apr 2013 - 10:52 AM

Quote: Excellent. How would you say £599 compares with similar online courses? Smile

Well, some courses are 'free' but, like everything in life, you get what you pay for! Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 10:55 AM

Quote: like everything in life, you get what you pay for!

So what would you say this course offers that free ones don't? £599 is a lot of money for most people. I'm not saying it's not worth it - just curious to know. Smile

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023196 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:00 AM

I see there are already student Testimonials in the information kit.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014844 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:09 AM

Lol - always nive to have uber-keen delegates Wink

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:21 AM

How will this compare with the OU T189 course which costs around £200? Does it go to a much higher level?

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72397 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013 - 11:24 AM

Quote: How will this compare with the OU T189 course which costs around £200? Does it go to a much higher level?

Check out this page:

http://course.ephotozine.com/index.cfm/apg/course

Towards the bottom you can expand a list it to see what you will learn

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:27 AM

Interesting - This seems to be a good strong overview of many of the areas needed to be a confident and capable photographer across a range of camera's and shooting scenario's.

A "diploma in photography" - how is this viewed in the industry? Would putting that on a website be an reasonable assurance of capability to the general public that i knew the basics. Is the course approved by any photographic body.

Also is there an artistic element - perhaps in module 7 where your assessed on composition etc?

If I was about to launch into a photo career I'd probably want to do this.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023196 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:29 AM

At some point someone will have to ask the obvious question.

How does this product differ from George Seper's very similar other product?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96343 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:38 AM

Having looked through the contents of each module I have to say that there are some quite advanced ( for me anyway ) and interesting topics covered and if we could pick & choose to buy individual modules I may be tempted on a couple.

Is there any intention to have a " free" snippet of the course material so one can get an idea of the content / style as this seems to be the practice with online video tutorials ?

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi Keith, I'd guess this is a "badged" course mostly developed elsewhere - in fact i'd prefer it to be so as it would have built up some existing credibility.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2013 - 11:42 AM

Quote: How will this compare with the OU T189 course which costs around £200? Does it go to a much higher level?

Check out this page:

http://course.ephotozine.com/index.cfm/apg/course

Towards the bottom you can expand a list it to see what you will learn

Ah, OK thanks for that Dave. I hadn't realised the modules expanded into sub-sections.
Yes it is more comprehensive than the OU course.

nik111
nik111 ePHOTOzine Staff 6330 forum postsnik111 vcard United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013 - 11:42 AM

Quote: Also is there an artistic element - perhaps in module 7 where your assessed on composition etc?

Yes, the later modules do include tasks where you can be more 'creative' as you say. If you click on the module names on this page: http://course.ephotozine.com/index.cfm/apg/course menu drop downs appear where more info can be found about each of the modules.

Some of the modules are text based but most require you to take and upload your own images.

Last Modified By nik111 at 3 Apr 2013 - 2:04 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.