Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Inventory-photo.co.uk v4.0 - feedback appreciated

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hello.

I'm not normally one to go drawing attention to my own site in forums, but I could do with a hand checking all is well with the design and that it works well on a variety of computers.

My old website was starting to look a bit fussy and dated, so I've gone for a cleaner approach this time. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

www.inventory-photo.co.uk.

Thanks all! Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:17 PM

I like the integration of Cooliris Gary.

I would be tempted to emphasise the links for 'Latest Work' / 'Portfolio' / 'Links' / 'Contact Me' on the left of the homepage there...

I like it. Clean, informative and fast. Works for me.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:18 PM

Cheers Mike.

By emphasize, do you mean make them larger/bolder?

SteveHunter
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:23 PM

Site looks good to me, it is easy to navigate and all the required info is readily to hand. Make sure you thoroughly spell check it though. (second line of the Edison quote) Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:28 PM

Thanks Steve. Spelling checked and amended. Smile

wasper
    wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:31 PM

The photos are big enough to see & load pretty quick. Like the site & I think it's well focused on content which is the main purpose. Thumps up.

theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Thair. Smile

Mike, I've upped the text size on the links on the homepage a little, do you think that will suffice?

User_Removed
    15 Nov 2009 - 4:48 PM

Sorry Gary - been out for a rather pleasant lunch Wink

A tad more IMO - and adding a complimentary, different colour would be good also (but not over-powering [if that makes sense..??])

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Nov 2009 - 4:49 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:22 PM

No worries Mike. I hope you enjoyed your lunch?

I think I'll leave it as it is for now. A complimentary colour would be inconsistent with the rest of the design and making them bigger makes them look a little unwieldy IMO.

I may try a desaturated version of the blue used throughout the site on my links if I get time to implement it throughout though, as I do see your point.

Thanks for getting back to me Smile

User_Removed
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:27 PM

Quote: desaturated version of the blue

Perfect.

(Burp!! Pardon me!!! Wink)

lawbert
    lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:37 PM

Im Viewing through a Dell Laptop with a 1920 x 1080 screen and all looks very good to me.
    I can find all the info needed on your services without any problems or searching.
    You have a very good site indeed.

theorderingone
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:39 PM

Thanks Paul. Smile

So nobody has had any issues viewing the Cooliris flash gallery thing then? That was one of my major worries.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:53 PM

All looks good to me...I'm undecided about Cool Iris...it could be a fad...looks great for now, because it's "the now" you could always change it if it becomes uncool.
    There's a weird gap below the header strip/menu to the right that lets the background through over about half the site area. Is this intentional? It looks odd on the home page and gallery. I'd be tempted to set all your table background to black...unless it's intentional.

lawbert
    lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2009 - 5:59 PM

The Cooliris looks good...I found it a tad slow but my connection can be a bit slow of an evening.
    I really do like the incusion of it though,
    Its fresh and highlights your work very well
    I will check it out tmw afternoon after work when my connection is at full tilt and update then.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.