Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Invoice Help

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  5254 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Aug 2010 - 3:08 PM

Hi,

I somehow found myself with paying photography work last week. I was asked to take publicity shots at a local event for an hour for one of the companies that had arranged it. Thing I'm struggling with is how to write up an invoice for it. Basically the job spec was as follows:

As many images as I could take in an hour, they would then review proof images and select 10 - 15 images that they wanted the full size file.

As this is my first bit of photography work I'm new to the invoicing side of things, so if anyone can offer any pointers on how to set one up it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Aug 2010 - 3:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Aug 2010 - 3:30 PM

Some charge by the hour or a daily rate, others by image.

I did some business profile shots and just charged my hourly rate for the shoot and a bit of editing time. I just find that's easier - but does depend on the situation.... i.e. photos of this bloke are not going to be a big seller to anyone other than him Wink

Google "invoice template" and you'll get something you can use - there's lots of word docs out there.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan  13
    3 Sep 2010 - 8:59 AM

Publisher has invoice templates.

However as long as you put your name at the top, the client name, date and job description and amount payable on the page, don't worry how it looks too much. Charge them for an hours time and perhaps write that the amount is payable within 30 days a the bottom. Don't forget to also charge them for editing it it means anything more than supplying them with their chosen images.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.