Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ipad image order after upload

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
18 Jul 2012 - 9:06 PM

Quote: pretty soon people who want an Ipad for work, rather than Android, will need to make a business case.

More so when Windows 8 is on tablets ready to run Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.

Then when people use Windows at work, they like to use Windows at home.

It's WinWindows.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jul 2012 - 9:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 - 9:57 PM

The only winning platform is web. It works on mac, windows, android, etc Smile....chromebook anyone?

User_Removed
18 Jul 2012 - 11:10 PM

Til the internet is down and your customer is on the phone and you can't see that spreadsheet you really need to see. Security concerns will mean that many documents won't go in the cloud, so the platform that works best to integrate offline and online will win the day

PSILVERMAN
19 Jul 2012 - 5:54 AM

Quote: Til the internet is down and your customer is on the phone and you can't see that spreadsheet you really need to see. Security concerns will mean that many documents won't go in the cloud, so the platform that works best to integrate offline and online will win the day

At last a sensible comment!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
19 Jul 2012 - 9:13 AM

One day internet will be free and available from every point on the world. Then it's as reliable as electricity.

keith selmes
19 Jul 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is why I always keep firewood, bottled gas and and candles handy.
And don't forget the matches.

User_Removed
19 Jul 2012 - 1:07 PM

Quote: One day internet will be free and available from every point on the world. Then it's as reliable as electricity.

In the way that gas, water and electricity is available from every point on the world now?

Seriously, how'd you come to reckon that?

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 1:42 PM

Meantime the spat goes on I think both companies loose but lawyers gain.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 1:56 PM

At last, a bit of sense. The whole of this patent thing in the industry is rediculous, imagine if the car induistry started suing each other because their hatchbacks looked similar!

(someone will now tell me the car industry is suing each other..)

TNP
TNP  641 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Aug 2012 - 4:39 PM

So... 3rd party app!!

Grin

elconguero
1 Sep 2012 - 9:14 PM

Windows based machines - low initial cost for the AVERAGE CONSUMER. Hence the market dominance.

What AVERAGE CONSUMER will buy an Air or MacBook when they can get a generic laptop that browses the web and sends emails for 250.

In similar terms, what AVERAGE CONSUMER buys, say a Leica M9 when they can get a basic DSLR kit for sub 400.

But I digress, and shall continue to do so. Flash still has its place, though mainly as a platform for desktop application development. Reliable device-agnostic web applications can be built using standard web technology (HTML5, JavaScript and any server-side language) and some savvy responsive CSS.

Back to the point - iPads were never designed as a file storage or management tool, so why gripe about it's lack of file management?

Smile

User_Removed
6 Sep 2012 - 9:10 PM

Quote: iPads were never designed as a file storage or management tool, so why gripe about it's lack of file management

So Apple didn't think people would store photos on them and Apple would be unable to come up with an update that would allow users to manage files more efficiently. Come off it!

monstersnowman

Quote:
Back to the point - iPads were never designed as a file storage or management tool, so why gripe about it's lack of file management?

Smile

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Just because it isn't a primary storage tool it doesn't mean you don't wish to view or store files in a certain way, whether it be upload date, file size, file name, etc I have no technical knowledge but I would be amazed if file storage options were nothing more than a simple update - but having said that, the Internet is full of fools having opinions on things they know nothing about ;o)

elconguero
7 Sep 2012 - 10:14 PM

Not tried it as I dont use aperture or iPhoto, but found this info on image sorting:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4221

Back tithe spirited debate- tried using a few of the 'cheap Chinese' android tablets (before using an iPad) and to be honest, I thought they were crap. Android is a worthy OS, but the examples of hardware I looked at we're very poor - shoddy build quality and unresponsive screens. An entry level ipadmay have been more than double the price of some of these items, but it is 10 times the product (IMHO).

keith selmes
8 Sep 2012 - 9:08 AM

I held off buying a cheap tablet for some time, as reviews were so bad. Eventually I did buy a cheap no name tablet "Made in China".
It was good enough to use, and good enough to recognise the potential, but the resistive screen was poor.
I thought I might reluctantly buy a used Ipad, accepting the limitations, but Motorola came to the rescue. Eventually I bought a Xoom2 when that became available at a price very favourable when compared to Ipads, and with the various features such as flash playing and interface sockets that Ipad doesn't have.
I don't know what the really cheap chinese tablets are like now, I see them advertised with capacitive screens, and they might be OK.
However I would look more toward the newer Samsung units with quad core and decent graphics chipsets.

I've certainly no reason to regret getting a Xoom. It was lower priced than an Ipad, and for the things I wanted to do, it seems more capable, with a better design and with better software available.

Last Modified By keith selmes at 8 Sep 2012 - 9:08 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.