Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ipad mini v the rest

cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
24 Dec 2012 8:59PM
New iPad 5 out in March 2013 the mini will have a retina screen and A6x processor

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Dec 2012 7:39PM
not actually used Ipad but bought the nexus 7 for my wife and must say it's a cracking bit of kit for what i paid for it.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
26 Dec 2012 11:16PM
CNET's review/poll seems to favour the Nexus 7.

I put a Nexus 7 on my Xmas wishlist - but nobody bought me one. Oh well! Grin
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
27 Dec 2012 7:57AM
although we would have loved an ipad or the Samsung, we finally decided that we couldn't afford such hi-spec, so have opted for an `android clone' which seems to have all the features we need. A cortex A9 processor with 1Gb DDR Ram + 8 Gb storage expandable to 32Gb by TF card. It's got built in wi-fi and is 3G supported. Hopefully it will meet our needs, in the menatime we can start saving for the next upgrade.
Thanks for the advice Smile
27 Dec 2012 11:42PM
Just wondering if anyone can advise whether tablets - either android or ipad can be used to create decent powerpoint presentations on them or whether they are only suitable for viewing created ones?

Am flirting with the idea of a tablet or a netbook - I want something that has some battery life (my laptop needs to be plugged in to work now!) is small and light (not like the laptop I have) can be used for email, internet, photos etc but I can use for work related stuff involving basic word processing and simple spreadsheets (shouldn't be a problem for any device), and creating and showing powerpoint presentations whilst out and about.

I am reasonably sure that the first parts of my wishlist are straight forward for pretty much and device, I just don't know if a tablet will do the last part or whether I should lean towards something like a netbook? Also can tablets be linked to a projector via any combination of cabling?
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2012 12:15PM
I find them ok for minor edits to powerpoint slides. yes you could create them, just like you could write a novel on one but for a large piece of work I find it easier to use a PC. I have used mine for editing and showing slide shows and spreadsheets. I would suggest you get an Android or Windows one for the purposes you mention, its more logical folder structure will help if you have a storage structure than Apples refusal to have a file structure. I use google docs as it means that if I edit in the tablet I can auto synch back through the cloud and update the PC copy also.

Also for display of PPT a 10 inch display is going to be better than the mini ones.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.