Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ipad mini v the rest

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2012 - 8:59 PM

New iPad 5 out in March 2013 the mini will have a retina screen and A6x processor

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Dec 2012 - 8:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gary_Macleod
26 Dec 2012 - 7:39 PM

not actually used Ipad but bought the nexus 7 for my wife and must say it's a cracking bit of kit for what i paid for it.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Dec 2012 - 11:16 PM

CNET's review/poll seems to favour the Nexus 7.

I put a Nexus 7 on my Xmas wishlist - but nobody bought me one. Oh well! Grin

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
27 Dec 2012 - 7:57 AM

although we would have loved an ipad or the Samsung, we finally decided that we couldn't afford such hi-spec, so have opted for an `android clone' which seems to have all the features we need. A cortex A9 processor with 1Gb DDR Ram + 8 Gb storage expandable to 32Gb by TF card. It's got built in wi-fi and is 3G supported. Hopefully it will meet our needs, in the menatime we can start saving for the next upgrade.
Thanks for the advice Smile

limafish
limafish  6 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just wondering if anyone can advise whether tablets - either android or ipad can be used to create decent powerpoint presentations on them or whether they are only suitable for viewing created ones?

Am flirting with the idea of a tablet or a netbook - I want something that has some battery life (my laptop needs to be plugged in to work now!) is small and light (not like the laptop I have) can be used for email, internet, photos etc but I can use for work related stuff involving basic word processing and simple spreadsheets (shouldn't be a problem for any device), and creating and showing powerpoint presentations whilst out and about.

I am reasonably sure that the first parts of my wishlist are straight forward for pretty much and device, I just don't know if a tablet will do the last part or whether I should lean towards something like a netbook? Also can tablets be linked to a projector via any combination of cabling?

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2012 - 12:15 PM

I find them ok for minor edits to powerpoint slides. yes you could create them, just like you could write a novel on one but for a large piece of work I find it easier to use a PC. I have used mine for editing and showing slide shows and spreadsheets. I would suggest you get an Android or Windows one for the purposes you mention, its more logical folder structure will help if you have a storage structure than Apples refusal to have a file structure. I use google docs as it means that if I edit in the tablet I can auto synch back through the cloud and update the PC copy also.

Also for display of PPT a 10 inch display is going to be better than the mini ones.

Last Modified By strawman at 28 Dec 2012 - 12:15 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.