Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPad photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:20 AM

Ok not the best camera Apple have included so what have you produced with your IPad .. Preferably wholly edited on the IPad - if not, say so..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Aug 2013 - 6:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:23 AM

1-image.jpg

Taken in the kitchen above a high window in bright sunlight ....

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:26 AM

2-image.jpg

Taken from my apartment window in Filey on my hols .....

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
19 Aug 2013 - 6:32 AM

Fed up of seeing ipads sticking out in the aisle of a church during weddings.

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:33 AM

I currently have a very successful exhibition ongoing that includes approx. 60 images .. Produced from a mixture of the Canon 5D, Sony DSC R1, Fujifilm X100, flatbed scanner and the iPad (just under 50% using iPad). Currently the favourite image, by a clear margin, was done using the iPad. It just goes to show that you don't need a good camera to produce nice images that would even be accepted in an exhibition.

Rev2
Rev2  4220 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2013 - 6:46 AM

Balcony at The Spa Hotel, Tunbridge Wells.tea.jpg

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:56 AM

Rev2 may agree that the 'fun' aspect of the IPad is that you get great instant feedback on a large screen and if required you can carry out any necessary editing at the scene. I know it isn't the best in terms of quality, especially in low light, but it does provide a fun experience and sometimes it is great to show an edited image, when asked by someone who stops to speak to you, took there several minutes ago while the scene is still present. From day one of the exhibition I was contacted by a school regarding passing on experience to teenagers in using their mobile phone cameras .. So if it only serves to capture the interest of young people into photography as a starting point it will be something worthwhile ..

Rev2
Rev2  4220 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2013 - 7:00 AM

I do agree. I have an iPad mini and a Canon 7D, I only have the iPad with me when I'm working away. You know what they say about the best camera...

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 7:14 AM

Exactly ... I've caught several shots on the iPad that I stopped and thought that I would loved to have caught on a DSLR but realised I would, in reality, have not caught at all had I not had my iPad. Many people have an iPhone with them every minute of the day and that has a better camera. The apps provide great opportunities for artistic as well as subtle editing for minimal expense or no expense at all. Maybe the next subject would be the apps of choice ...

Techno
Techno  61006 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2013 - 11:27 AM

ipad.jpg

Spotted whilst out looking for macro subjects, how do you compose in bright light with these things, approximately I assume.Wink

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2013 - 1:26 PM

Well I would suggest that it would need a cloth over the head like the old cameras used to have. Grin

MichaelMelb_AU
19 Aug 2013 - 1:58 PM

I fail to see Ipad as a fine art instrument. And it is definitely not photo-on-the-fly solution simply because it's front projection is larger than from almost any DSLR. But it may be fun - with applications that include HDR, slow shutter photography, etc. I wonder if one day we will see iOS enabled camera in compact ( at least) format. It would be a great thing to have a camera that accepts third party firmware - legally, without hacking CHDK way. Well, as long as one does not need to pay some sort of subscription to use it Wink
Very good photos above - not many compacts could do anything like this just 6 or 7 years ago...

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 19 Aug 2013 - 1:58 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014152 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2013 - 2:08 PM

Quote: if one day we will see iOS enabled camera in compact ( at least) format. It would be a great thing to have a camera that accepts third party firmware - legally, without hacking CHDK way.

I doubt we would see an iOS camera, unless it came entirely from Apple and why would they bother as they are too busy selling ipads & iphones as cameras.
Android is a different matter though, I would expect to see it on more and more cameras (like this one from Nikon) as manufacturers slowly realise the world has changed and cameras without an open OS are going the way of the dodo.

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:46 PM

Quote: I fail to see Ipad as a fine art instrument.

What exactly are the rules on what can be used then? I presumed more or less anything was ok .. It's like trying to say what can or can't be art.

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:48 PM

Quote: Spotted whilst out looking for macro subjects, how do you compose in bright light with these things, approximately I assume.Wink

I have been using one or a long time now and haven't had any real problems with bright days.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.