Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

iPhone 4 - Do I?

digicammad Plus
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 6:05PM
My iPhone 3G contract is coming to an end and I have found out that I can trade in my 3G for a 4, at no extra cost (providing I renew the contract). I know about the problems which have been reported, but in reality don't know how seriously they effect the usability. So, if you are currently living with an iPhone 4, would you recommend I go for it or steer clear?

If you don't have an iPhone 4 then sorry but you probably know no more than me. Smile

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 6:18PM
Hi
I am in the same situation as you and wondered who your provider is and also are they prepared to keep you on the same line rental deal etc that you are on now?
Thanks
James
edrhodes Plus
9 541 12 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 6:34PM
I was in the same situation as you Ian, I upgraded almost two weeks ago, I can honestly say its brilliant.
I have had none of the reported problem......

Especially after the 3G, go for it you will not be disappointed.
digicammad Plus
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 6:41PM
Thanks folks. James I am with O2 and yes the tariff is exactly the same.
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Jul 2010 6:51PM
I was considering it. But decided against it due to the tariff (currently on Iphone simplicity 20) I would have to take and paying for the phone as well.
I have decided to sell my 3G (should get 180-200), and get a HTC for free instead. I can then use the money to buy some strobist stuff....Smile

If you can trade your 3G for it and with the same tariff, I will say go for it. BTW, what tariff are you on?
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
13 Jul 2010 7:23PM
Ermmm... I saw very recently that Apple have admitted there is a major problem with the new i4's reception and that they are recalling a rather large number of them in the US...

Just a thought Ian.

Reading Cole's input, my son has decided to switch to HTC also given the reported issues with the i4.
JJGEE
10 6.5k 18 England
13 Jul 2010 7:26PM

Quote:I saw this week that Apple have admitted there is a major problem

Apparently from various sources:
Must definitely be a problem as Apple are "deleting" any negative / critical forum threads on their website regarding this.
cmawson Plus
11 271 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 7:50PM
Being in the US, I can testify that, from most tech forums here, the iPhone 4 is having major issues. Plus, there is a Public Class Action suit against Apple ongoing for the signal issues. There is a lot of negativity with the iPhone 4 at present. And on those reports & problems alone I would hold off going for it until it's all sorted.

Presently, according to most techies over here, the Android phones are now the "new" phone to have. Wink
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 7:57PM

Quote:Must definitely be a problem as Apple are "deleting" any negative / critical forum threads on their website regarding this.

Ohh classy - they get worse by the day. Apple don't reallly know how to behave when they have the major share of a market...much better at being under dogs.

I'm not sure if its related but since the move to Ios4 my iphone seems to have had a few weird problems that I'm sure it never had before.
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Jul 2010 8:00PM

Quote:but since the move to Ios4 my iphone seems to have had a few weird problems that I'm sure it never had before.

Don't even get me started.
Updated my 3G to OS4, it is getting so slow, and sometimes application won't open, and I have to restart the phone.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
13 Jul 2010 8:04PM
Cole and his techno jewellry! Grin
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Jul 2010 8:07PM
Yeap.... like you and your cameras....and lenses... Tongue
steve_p Plus
9 1.1k England
13 Jul 2010 8:12PM
Get a blackberry?Wink
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
13 Jul 2010 8:25PM

Quote:Get a blackberry?

Ermmmm.....

No.
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Jul 2010 8:31PM

Quote:Get a blackberry?Wink

Prefer Burberry myself.....Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.