Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPhone 4 - Do I?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 6:05 PM

My iPhone 3G contract is coming to an end and I have found out that I can trade in my 3G for a 4, at no extra cost (providing I renew the contract). I know about the problems which have been reported, but in reality don't know how seriously they effect the usability. So, if you are currently living with an iPhone 4, would you recommend I go for it or steer clear?

If you don't have an iPhone 4 then sorry but you probably know no more than me. Smile

Ian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jul 2010 - 6:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesGarfield
13 Jul 2010 - 6:18 PM

Hi
I am in the same situation as you and wondered who your provider is and also are they prepared to keep you on the same line rental deal etc that you are on now?
Thanks
James

edrhodes
edrhodes  9521 forum posts United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 6:34 PM

I was in the same situation as you Ian, I upgraded almost two weeks ago, I can honestly say its brilliant.
I have had none of the reported problem......

Especially after the 3G, go for it you will not be disappointed.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 6:41 PM

Thanks folks. James I am with O2 and yes the tariff is exactly the same.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 6:51 PM

I was considering it. But decided against it due to the tariff (currently on Iphone simplicity 20) I would have to take and paying for the phone as well.
I have decided to sell my 3G (should get 180-200), and get a HTC for free instead. I can then use the money to buy some strobist stuff....Smile

If you can trade your 3G for it and with the same tariff, I will say go for it. BTW, what tariff are you on?

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 13 Jul 2010 - 6:52 PM
User_Removed
13 Jul 2010 - 7:23 PM

Ermmm... I saw very recently that Apple have admitted there is a major problem with the new i4's reception and that they are recalling a rather large number of them in the US...

Just a thought Ian.

Reading Cole's input, my son has decided to switch to HTC also given the reported issues with the i4.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 13 Jul 2010 - 7:24 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 7:26 PM

Quote: I saw this week that Apple have admitted there is a major problem

Apparently from various sources:
Must definitely be a problem as Apple are "deleting" any negative / critical forum threads on their website regarding this.

cmawson
cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jul 2010 - 7:50 PM

Being in the US, I can testify that, from most tech forums here, the iPhone 4 is having major issues. Plus, there is a Public Class Action suit against Apple ongoing for the signal issues. There is a lot of negativity with the iPhone 4 at present. And on those reports & problems alone I would hold off going for it until it's all sorted.

Presently, according to most techies over here, the Android phones are now the "new" phone to have. Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014131 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 7:57 PM

Quote: Must definitely be a problem as Apple are "deleting" any negative / critical forum threads on their website regarding this.

Ohh classy - they get worse by the day. Apple don't reallly know how to behave when they have the major share of a market...much better at being under dogs.

I'm not sure if its related but since the move to Ios4 my iphone seems to have had a few weird problems that I'm sure it never had before.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 8:00 PM

Quote: but since the move to Ios4 my iphone seems to have had a few weird problems that I'm sure it never had before.

Don't even get me started.
Updated my 3G to OS4, it is getting so slow, and sometimes application won't open, and I have to restart the phone.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2010 - 8:04 PM

Cole and his techno jewellry! Grin

Coleslaw
13 Jul 2010 - 8:07 PM

Yeap.... like you and your cameras....and lenses... Tongue

steve_p
steve_p  91097 forum posts England
13 Jul 2010 - 8:12 PM

Get a blackberry?Wink

User_Removed
13 Jul 2010 - 8:25 PM

Quote: Get a blackberry?

Ermmmm.....

No.

Coleslaw
13 Jul 2010 - 8:31 PM

Quote: Get a blackberry?Wink

Prefer Burberry myself.....Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.