Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPhone 5 released

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2012 - 1:20 PM

Quote: In the scheme of things it doesn't seem like something worth worrying about.

Possibly not - just a shoddy bit of workmanship.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Sep 2012 - 1:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

born2bongo
born2bongo e2 Member 529 forum postsborn2bongo vcard England
13 Sep 2012 - 2:13 PM

I bought the iPhone 3g for the main purpose of minimising the junk I carry around with me. I wanted music, camera, email and the basic apps in one little box. It served me well except the camera quality was poor. I have my entire brain inside it these days

I've kept that phone, expecting to update it last year but finding the 4s not improved enough. The 3g has been limping along lately with all sorts of screen problems and struggling under the weight of apps that have been upgraded for its successors, but I've been waiting for iphone 5.

I've been hearing the rumours and hoping they weren't true, but they were and now I don't know what to do. The screen isn't as big as I'd hoped and the real stinker is changing the connector and then charging you an extra £25 so you can connect it to all your old gear. I'd jump ship like that, but the camera is a big issue for me. Comparisons between the 4s and the Samsung Galaxy S3 ir HTC One show the Apple camera comes out on top by a country mile.

If anyone can show me an Android phone with as good a quality camera, I'll jump ship - I really will. I'm not Apple loyal. I've not paid for any apps. My music is outside of iTunes - I just imported copies in. And no, it's not my main camera, it's not even my second camera, but it's the only one I always have with me and I use it a lot.

So, anyone know of a good camera phone? Gotta be a smart phone too, mind you

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2012 - 2:20 PM

Maybe you should go for an iPhone 4s, they will be cheaper now. Smile

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 - 2:53 PM

Quote: I've been hearing the rumours and hoping they weren't true, but they were and now I don't know what to do. The screen isn't as big as I'd hoped and the real stinker is changing the connector and then charging you an extra £25 so you can connect it to all your old gear. I'd jump ship like that, but the camera is a big issue for me. Comparisons between the 4s and the Samsung Galaxy S3 ir HTC One show the Apple camera comes out on top by a country mile.

You do realise that by jumping ship your going to hit exactly the same connector issue.

born2bongo
13 Sep 2012 - 3:04 PM

I do. So if I have to change my connector I'd rather do it for industry standard and not get myself any further locked in. I reckon I'd have to pay a lot less than £25 too.

User_Removed
13 Sep 2012 - 3:36 PM

What's wrong it's only £25!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2012 - 3:40 PM

ahhh..... that's more like it....Wink

born2bongo
13 Sep 2012 - 3:56 PM

Can't answer that CL. I'm at work and YouTube is banned, despite it containing useful work-related information. Lost count of the times I've googled a programming problem only to find that the most promising result is on YouTube or some other social network. I'd look at it on my 3g but the screen is too small for my aging eyes Grin

I'll check it out when I get home

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
13 Sep 2012 - 4:10 PM

Quote: I have a number of friends with Androids and if there is an app which is only available on one platform it is more often than not on the iPhone

ah, so you didn't mean

Quote: and arguably the best range of apps

you meant

Quote: and arguably the largest range of apps

Wink

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
13 Sep 2012 - 7:13 PM

Quote: but the camera is a big issue for me. Comparisons between the 4s and the Samsung Galaxy S3 ir HTC One show the Apple camera comes out on top by a country mile.

Camera is least important for me. I have a proper camera. In fact, I have lots of 'em Wink

Have to say, the camera on my HTC Desire HD leaves a lot to be, well, desired....

stuwhitt
stuwhitt  91354 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 - 10:24 PM

This made me laugh

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 4:20 PM

Love it!! Grin

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2012 - 2:18 PM

Apple today announced it has sold over five million of its new iPhone 5, just three days after its launch on September 21!!! And more than 100 million iOS devices have been updated with iOS 6. What recession?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33374 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2012 - 3:12 PM

Extremely interesting in-depth review here.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2012 - 3:13 PM

Although, just for the moment, I am quite happy with my current phone with its 12Mp camera, there will come a time when I will need to consider an upgrade.

Are you forced to use iTunes with an iPhone...... for anything at all? (If so, the iPhone won't be on my shortlist! Wink)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.