Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

iPhone 5 released

crash39 e2
9 24 England
26 Sep 2012 4:20PM
I have one & I love it!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 5:32PM
dcash29 9 2.0k England
26 Sep 2012 10:56PM
Ive watched interviews of people that have purchased the Iphone 5 . They find it near impossible to explain the reason behind buying.
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
27 Sep 2012 7:05AM
I got one last week and it's been pretty damn good, I went from a Iphone 4 and I noticed a considerable difference. There aren't many massive 'wow' differences but just a a lot of little changes which come together to give a better feel in general. The maps aren't much of an issue, I only used Google maps for quick reference and use a Co-pilot GPS app for actual navigation (which I purchased 3 years ago and updates still now) which is very accurate. I would never have an Android phone mainly because most of the companies who make the phones seem to miss the overall desirability of the Iphone.
No one can touch the fit and finish and attention to detail of Apple products, it not just about who's got the bigger screen etc. for me, the Iphone does everything I want and more all in a stylish quality feeling product.

Plus no other phone company can offer the same level of customer service as Apple, I know of people who have dropped there phone down the toilet completely ruining it (in no way Apple's fault) and they simply went into the Apple store, told them what happened and walked out of the store with a new, working phone! You simply cannot argue with that, whereas I know a few Android users who have done the same and pretty much had to bung out another 200-300 for a replacement.

Well those are my views on the matter, if you're not up for renewal, don't go out of your way to upgrade but if you're about to upgrade, then why not?

Matt
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 8:17AM
I think your views are precisely those fanboy attitudes that keep Apple in the game.

Comments like

Quote:I would never have an Android phone mainly because most of the companies who make the phones seem to miss the overall desirability of the Iphone.

I bet you've never used or even seen some of the recent Android devices, many of which outperform the iPhone in every way. That's why Apple are fighting so hard in the courts to try and fend off the likes of Samsung and HTC - because they can't just do it by product alone.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 8:22AM
Surely Matt's being sarcastic and is satirising iPhone fans?

This was the one that made me laugh the most "I know of people who have dropped there phone down the toilet completely ruining it (in no way Apple's fault) and they simply went into the Apple store, told them what happened and walked out of the store with a new, working phone! You simply cannot argue with that, whereas I know a few Android users who have done the same and pretty much had to bung out another 200-300 for a replacement"

See I know iPhone owners who had to pay a fortune for a simple repair and Android owners who got new phones no questions. Think it depends on your contract and insurance and not who makes the phone.

Funny how Apple's share of the smartphone market keeps shrinking and shrinking Smile
27 Sep 2012 8:25AM
I like how people tell us that Apple products never need any support, and yet Apple has the best support in the business...

Wink
27 Sep 2012 8:28AM
Chris, you are absolutely right. I know plenty of folk walking round with cracked iPhone screens who don't do anything about fixing it because they can't afford to.

My brother in law had a problem with the disk on his 160Gb iPod and took it to an Apple store where they told him it was basically ****ed and he would have to just buy a new one. We fixed it ourselves instead.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 8:45AM

Quote:Chris, you are absolutely right. I know plenty of folk walking round with cracked iPhone screens who don't do anything about fixing it because they can't afford to.

Bloke in Romford market will fix them for 15...
27 Sep 2012 9:22AM
Has anyone heard that the iphone5 photos have a purple haze around lighting? I've seen a few posts on the net about it.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 9:36AM
It seems one of those 'standard' artefacts that for some reason is worse on the iphone 5 than previous models. This is one of the more balanced articles:
http://mashable.com/2012/09/26/iphone-5-purple-haze/

The anti-Apple brigade seems to be jumping on this, coming on top of the maps fiasco and complaints about the back of the phone scratching too easily.
27 Sep 2012 9:47AM
yea, i'm in no way anti-apple, i think they make some brilliant products, but i found this latest find a little disappointing especially for anyone who takes photography seriously. But hey ho, i currently have a 5 year old samsung clamshell phone. What do i know about phones Wink
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
27 Sep 2012 10:09AM
Not being sarcastic would you believe, but I'm not getting dragged into an arguement about flipping phones. I am not an Apple 'fanboy' I am someone who bought a product was emensely happy with it after trying out the competition and not being as impressed. Android phones are impressive but for what I use a phone for the Apple product satisfies me more, no phone is perfect but this is my preferred phone. I have always had good experience with Apple Customer Service, but maybe thats because I am polite and likeable rather than bullish and arrogant (not mentioning any names). If an Android phone suits you and you're happy with it, well done you have found what works for you.

I think people expect too much from the new Iphone's at the end of day they reinvented the smartphone and they try and stay original, the likes of Android are only compies of the original Iphone receipie but added bits on.

these are my OPNIONS so please remember that

Matt

(oh and just for the record two things that bug me about the Iphone is the lack of Flash support and the new maps were simply too ambitious in one hit) See, look I can see both sides of the fence, maybe you should try it!
27 Sep 2012 11:34AM

Quote:maybe thats because I am polite and likeable rather than bullish and arrogant (not mentioning any names)

Oh go on, I would love to know who you think is bullish and arrogant when visiting an Apple store Smile

Quote:I think people expect too much from the new Iphone's at the end of day they reinvented the smartphone and they try and stay original, the likes of Android are only compies of the original Iphone receipie but added bits on.

Nonsense of course, but as you then qualified that by adding "these are my OPNIONS so please remember that" I'll let you off Smile

Quote:See, look I can see both sides of the fence, maybe you should try it!

I see both sides, I like the Android side, thanks Smile I just don't like the zombie-like following of Apple products by people who buy them but obviously have no idea why. I accept that you are not one of these people Grin
I have a friend who, whenever I post anything on Facebook about Android or Windows immediately jumps in with "Apple this, Apple that". His argument is that he runs a PC support business and the clients of his who have Macs are happier. In fact, it's a business of 1 person, with very few clients. Wink
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
27 Sep 2012 12:52PM
I like your point about the 'sheep' sort of people who flock towards Apple products I guess because they look pretty etc. (very true), I have the same opinion about the original flock of people who bought Audi TT's when they first came out because it looked (aparently) cool with shiney bits and brushed aluminium bits, maybe they have some magpie DNA in them lol.

I like your friends arguement, made me chuckle on a dull day at work lol,.... anyway better do some work.

Matt

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.