Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPhone 5 released

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 8:20 AM

Quote: I see the following categories of owners:

Not sure where I fit in to those 5: Had an iPhone for 2 year, decided t was just too unfinished to bother with and moved to Android.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Sep 2012 - 8:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 1:15 PM

6) Minorities

Smile

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9883 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 10:41 PM

Can Pete and the team not run a competition with an iPhone 5 being the prize? we would probably see a record number of entrants, even the iPhones critics on the site would enter if they were to be honest

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 10:55 PM

Quote: even the iPhones critics on the site would enter if they were to be honest

Well derr, of course they would. You can always sell it on Ebay.
I've even entered competitions where Nikon cameras were the prize, doesn't mean I would have kept the prize.

lemmy
lemmy  71831 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 - 8:29 AM

Quote: we would probably see a record number of entrants, even the iPhones critics on the site would enter if they were to be honest

Are you saying that everyone wants a iPhone? Why do Android phones outsell them now, then? Most people enter competitions for the kudos, not the prize. Of course you'd get of entries.

I won a competition in which the prize was a computer I didn't want. As lobsterboy's post suggests people do, I flogged it on eBay.

779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 - 8:35 AM

I'd be more interested to see a competition where you have have to use a phone to take the picture - maybe EPZ has that already, should have looked before writing - oh well done now.

Edit - maybe the prize could be a phone of your choice up to a value of x

Last Modified By 779HOB at 29 Sep 2012 - 8:36 AM
cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9883 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2012 - 10:07 AM

Quote: Why do Android phones outsell them now, then?

I doubt that

User_Removed
29 Sep 2012 - 10:38 AM

Lol your head's in the sand cantona!

Google's Android surged to a whopping 68% share of the global smartphone market last quarter. That's four times the 17% market share held by Apple

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/08/technology/smartphone-market-share/index.html

cantona43
29 Sep 2012 - 10:52 AM

My Heads now buried mmm

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
29 Sep 2012 - 11:00 AM

I dont have any issue with what phone is best. I dont think the vast majority of people do either. i think the biggest issue with all these 'debates' that constantly appear about whats better than what is the internet which has given vociferous opinions a platform.
If you dont like something, dont buy it, if someone else wants to buy it then let them and respect their choice.
And of course Android phones outsell iOS phones. The same way that cars not called 'Ford Focus' outsell ones that are.

sent from my iPhone 4, which i will be keeping for a while yet ( and not upgrading to iOS 6 till the maps are sorted out Smile )

Last Modified By NikLG at 29 Sep 2012 - 11:07 AM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
29 Sep 2012 - 11:09 AM

Quote: The same way that cars not called 'Ford Focus' outsell ones that arent

LOL

I don't think we really care too much about which phone is best. We just like to poke fun at those mindless people who queue up to buy the very latest Apple gizmo (whatever it may be) without even knowing why they are doing it. Wink

Of course there are people who have made informed decisions and bought iPhones and good luck to them.

lemmy
lemmy  71831 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 - 11:17 AM

Quote: And of course Android phones outsell iOS phones. The same way that cars not called 'Ford Focus' outsell ones that arent

That's not the full picture. In August, the latest available US figures, Samsung alone sold more phones than Apple. With HTC and the others included it is about 4 to 1.

None the less, Apple remains the biggest IT consumer company in the world. What a fiasco over its mapping, though. I bet Steve Jobs would never have released a half finished work like that.

steve_p
steve_p  81096 forum posts England
29 Sep 2012 - 11:44 AM

I recently bought an Iphone 4s because my previous iphone finally packed up after 2yrs(dropping it and kicking it didnt help!). I looked at an android phone, but decided to stay with apple because of the operating system being familiar and easy. However I am pleased with the camera- its far better than the previous one and my mate's Samsung!
My TZ20 compact hasnt seen the light of day since.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2012 - 12:06 PM

Quote: My TZ20 compact hasnt seen the light of day since.

Have to say my Canon S100 is gathering dust somewhat and I do wish I hadn't bothered replacing my (even more compact) Ixus with its much better 8x zoom range. Good as the S100 is, I often can't be bothered taking it with me - when I'm already carrying my 12Mp smartphone!

If I am going to take an additional device, my M4/3 camera with collapsible zoom (or pancake) lens is compact enough to be shoved into a small shoulder bag along with other stuff I want to take.

No wonder sales of compacts are down about 30% over the last year!

Keebsuk
Keebsuk Junior Member 132 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 - 4:22 PM

I made the upgrade from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 and the difference is astonishing. The iPhone 5 is so much faster in everything from App usage to surfing the net. I really like the new design too and before anyone points an accusatory finger, no, I am not a fanboy lol!

The iPhone 5 is not perfect but, maps aside, the user experience knocks anything else I have tried into the middle of next week!

Andy

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.