Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPhone apps

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
User_Removed
11 Nov 2009 - 9:49 PM

Received my shiny Orange iPhone today and I've already caused 3 people to throw themselves off a bridge and 2 others to enter a monastery (silent order) in despair as I seem to be able to talk about nothing else at present Grin

I'd be interested in seeing what are other people's top 5, 10 (or whatever) iPhone applications (whether you have them or not) Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Nov 2009 - 9:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 9:54 PM

Lord spare me the iPhone evangelists.
It's like the kids at school who first lost their virginity. They couldn't wait to tell everyone just how great it was and how it changed their lives. Only later, as they matured, did they realise that maybe it wasn't so great and that the novelty of it all glossed over a lot of the reality of the situation.
Smile

*Waits for Barrie to download his Voodoo Doll Boyd application*

Last Modified By Boyd at 11 Nov 2009 - 9:57 PM
mrcal
mrcal  101032 forum posts
11 Nov 2009 - 9:59 PM

So long as you don't jailbreak it to add some of the apps.

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 10:07 PM

seen a sniper rifle app that some guys are using fixed to rifles to work out ballistics

User_Removed
11 Nov 2009 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
*Waits for Barrie to download his Voodoo Doll Boyd application*

Just seen your photo... looks somebody's beaten me to it Grin

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111541 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2009 - 10:21 PM

Current 5 most used in no particular order:

Scrabble (game)
Shazam (music)
Tides (tide times)
Time (magazine)
Boxed in (game)

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 11 Nov 2009 - 10:22 PM
cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9884 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2009 - 1:20 AM

Co-Pilot (sat nav)
Sky Sports (News)
Day Tides (tide times)
Photo Forge (processing software)
BBCi Player

User_Removed
12 Nov 2009 - 7:05 AM

Thanks guys

Already have a couple of those which is interesting bearing in mind how many tere are!

I'm finding mail a bit frustrating. There doesn't seem to be a way of being able to choose on a message by message basis whether to delete a message permanently (i.e. from the server) or just from the iPhone (as you can do with my 'old' Blackberry!)

As it is I have to opt to not delete messages which means when I go back into my PC based mail program, all the 'crap' messages are still there Sad

Hopefully it's just a case of me not knowing how (hint)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 12 Nov 2009 - 7:05 AM
TTT
TTT  12559 forum posts Germany
12 Nov 2009 - 7:07 AM

DOF master
Timelapse
DSL remote pro
Fisheye4free
markharrop
markharrop  10191 forum posts England
12 Nov 2009 - 8:57 AM

Daytides
Accuweather
Sky+
Rock Band
Layer

User_Removed
12 Nov 2009 - 8:58 AM

Some great stuff here... Smile

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9884 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2009 - 9:29 AM

Quote: As it is I have to opt to not delete messages which means when I go back into my PC based mail program, all the 'crap' messages are still there

It should delete them from the server try resetting mail again you never know

User_Removed
12 Nov 2009 - 9:35 AM

It will delete from the server if you set the generic option to do that. What I meant was I want a message by message option when you hit 'delete' to ask me if I want to delete the message from both handset and server or just handset (as the Blackberry does).

This was you can bin the crap permanently and yet know a copy of the good stuff will be deleted to your main computer next time you wind it up Smile

I'd be surprised if I were the only person who could see the benefit in this so there surely MUST be a way to do it Grin

croberts
croberts  102160 forum posts Ireland8 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2009 - 9:46 AM

Quote: I'd be surprised if I were the only person who could see the benefit in this so there surely MUST be a way to do it

maybe somone will write an 'app' for it. lol.

Just curious, as i've been tempted to get one..... it seems like owners have a lot of fun with their iphones, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of everyday practicality, they seem to be less than ideal?

User_Removed
12 Nov 2009 - 9:50 AM

Only had it for 24 hours and it's very impressive. It really is like having a PC in your pocket (and it vibrates whilst in there too.. very nice and makes people wonder why you're smiling Grin)

Like everything 'new', you have to work out how to do things and this email delete 'issue' is probably a 'non issue' it's just knowing how to set it up to do what I want Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 12 Nov 2009 - 9:52 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.