Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

iPhone apps

User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2009 9:49PM
Received my shiny Orange iPhone today and I've already caused 3 people to throw themselves off a bridge and 2 others to enter a monastery (silent order) in despair as I seem to be able to talk about nothing else at present Grin

I'd be interested in seeing what are other people's top 5, 10 (or whatever) iPhone applications (whether you have them or not) Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
11 Nov 2009 9:54PM
Lord spare me the iPhone evangelists.
It's like the kids at school who first lost their virginity. They couldn't wait to tell everyone just how great it was and how it changed their lives. Only later, as they matured, did they realise that maybe it wasn't so great and that the novelty of it all glossed over a lot of the reality of the situation.
Smile

*Waits for Barrie to download his Voodoo Doll Boyd application*
mrcal e2
10 1.0k
11 Nov 2009 9:59PM
So long as you don't jailbreak it to add some of the apps.
ZenTog e2
12 7.9k 1 England
11 Nov 2009 10:07PM
seen a sniper rifle app that some guys are using fixed to rifles to work out ballistics
11 Nov 2009 10:20PM

Quote:
*Waits for Barrie to download his Voodoo Doll Boyd application*

Just seen your photo... looks somebody's beaten me to it Grin
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
11 Nov 2009 10:21PM
Current 5 most used in no particular order:

Scrabble (game)
Shazam (music)
Tides (tide times)
Time (magazine)
Boxed in (game)
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
12 Nov 2009 1:20AM
Co-Pilot (sat nav)
Sky Sports (News)
Day Tides (tide times)
Photo Forge (processing software)
BBCi Player
12 Nov 2009 7:05AM
Thanks guys

Already have a couple of those which is interesting bearing in mind how many tere are!

I'm finding mail a bit frustrating. There doesn't seem to be a way of being able to choose on a message by message basis whether to delete a message permanently (i.e. from the server) or just from the iPhone (as you can do with my 'old' Blackberry!)

As it is I have to opt to not delete messages which means when I go back into my PC based mail program, all the 'crap' messages are still there Sad

Hopefully it's just a case of me not knowing how (hint)
TTT e2
13 559 Germany
12 Nov 2009 7:07AM
DOF master
Timelapse
DSL remote pro
Fisheye4free
10 191 England
12 Nov 2009 8:57AM
Daytides
Accuweather
Sky+
Rock Band
Layer
12 Nov 2009 8:58AM
Some great stuff here... Smile
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
12 Nov 2009 9:29AM

Quote:As it is I have to opt to not delete messages which means when I go back into my PC based mail program, all the 'crap' messages are still there

It should delete them from the server try resetting mail again you never know
12 Nov 2009 9:35AM
It will delete from the server if you set the generic option to do that. What I meant was I want a message by message option when you hit 'delete' to ask me if I want to delete the message from both handset and server or just handset (as the Blackberry does).

This was you can bin the crap permanently and yet know a copy of the good stuff will be deleted to your main computer next time you wind it up Smile

I'd be surprised if I were the only person who could see the benefit in this so there surely MUST be a way to do it Grin
croberts e2
10 2.2k 8 Ireland
12 Nov 2009 9:46AM

Quote:I'd be surprised if I were the only person who could see the benefit in this so there surely MUST be a way to do it

maybe somone will write an 'app' for it. lol.

Just curious, as i've been tempted to get one..... it seems like owners have a lot of fun with their iphones, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of everyday practicality, they seem to be less than ideal?
12 Nov 2009 9:50AM
Only had it for 24 hours and it's very impressive. It really is like having a PC in your pocket (and it vibrates whilst in there too.. very nice and makes people wonder why you're smiling Grin)

Like everything 'new', you have to work out how to do things and this email delete 'issue' is probably a 'non issue' it's just knowing how to set it up to do what I want Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.