Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

iPhone photo e-mail question

conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 12:11PM
Together, EPZers know everything, right? No matter what subject you have a question about, there's always someone who knows the answer, I've found over the years.

So here's something I haven't been able to solve myself, and I'd really like some help or ideas:

Ever since the last os upgrade on my iPhone 4s, I've had trouble e-mailing photos. The phone acts as if they're sent, all the indications are there, but the photos / e-mails never arrive. I'm doing it from the film roll - selecting a photo, selecting e-mail as the method to send it, selecting the e-mail address I want to send it to. Used to work perfectly in the past, but it doesn't work at all now, although the phone acts as if it works flawlessly.

Is there a new setting I need to change?

Any ideas, anyone?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:39PM
If any solutions are posted, I will be very interested as I've just discovered I have the same problem! ....must be the new OS
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 1:42PM
Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:44PM
Maybe the message is travelling under direction from Apple Maps. Give them time... Wink
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 1:55PM

Quote:Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages

Really? That didn't use to be a requirement, I could just send it as e-mail via wifi. But I'll try it and if it helps.
min e2
3 519 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:56PM
I've got the 4s and have just tried emailing a photo, it worked straight away for me.
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:57PM

Quote:I've got the 4s and have just tried emailing a photo, it worked straight away for me.

Are you on OS6?
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 2:00PM

Quote:Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages

Yes..but no joy.
(used to work fine before upgrade to OS6)
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 2:01PM

Quote:Really? That didn't use to be a requirement,

Whoops sorry I misread I was meaning send as a txt message
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 2:06PM

Quote:Yes..but no joy.
(used to work fine before upgrade to OS6)

Same here. Used to work quickly and flawlessly, and now it doesn't work at all. Long live OS6 - ahem!
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 2:21PM
Ha I just tried sending one and I have the same problem. Have a look in your outbox and the mail with the photo will be stuck there.
I haven't worked out how to avoid that though. It seems a solution is to make sure your default mail is a POP account and not IMAP. I tried that and the mail still went into the sent folder, but this time I could click send and it cleared out of the folder. It's not arrived at the destination though. (edit - yes it now has - bit slow!)
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 2:52PM
Eureka! one I tried to send an hour and ten minutes ago has just arrived. (That was an IMAP account)
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 2:55PM
So what did you change? Pete used POP instead of IMAP...
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 3:14PM

Quote:So what did you change? Pete used POP instead of IMAP...

I didn't change anything -(except to turn iMessage off and than back on ....but that shouldn't affect texts).......As I'm typing, another one has come through that I sent two hours ago! Am definitely using IMAP.

Update: all four trials I sent have now arrived!
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 3:23PM
Er ... oh. I'm not sure what to think of that, because it doesn't tell me what I should do to solve it.

But I'm happy for you... Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.