Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

iPhone repairs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012553 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 7:44 PM

would anyone be able to recommend a reliable iphone repairer please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Mar 2012 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
779HOB  21003 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 8:24 PM

Apple!?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012553 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 8:42 PM

How? I've looked at their website for repairs and their options are so limited, they dont seem to repair what I need Sad

JamieB
JamieB  8 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 8:58 PM

I'm not sure where you are located but I used a company called Love Fone based out of Charlotte Street in London to repair my shattered screen. I see they also do general iPhone repairs. Was very impressed with the service they supplied me with. They weren't the cheapest though, but happy that I went with them.

(no connection, just passing on a good company!) Grin

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 9:42 PM

I think you will find that the Apple "repair" service is actually an exchange phone for around 80......try phoning one of their stores, or take the phone in.

779HOB
779HOB  21003 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 9:46 PM

I would book in to see one of their help people in store - they sorted everything on my daughters iPod a while ago. Booked it online, turned up and they fixed in the 20min slot I had. But if you don't have a store nearby I'm not sure.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108371 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi K.

My iPhone went a bit strange a while ago and thought it had headphones plugged in, so the speaker wouldn't work.
I just re-installed the operating system using iTunes and it's been working fine ever since.

I suppose it depends what the fault is as it could be a hardware fault.

sitan1
sitan1  5460 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 10:05 PM

What is the problem with your phone as you might be able to do it yourself.
I dropped my iphone and the inner touchscreen shattered, apple wanted around 150-200 pounds.
I looked on ebay found a new screen with the tools for the job for around 15 squids then youtubed how to replace it and copied the person on there.
I replaced my screen in 20-30 minutes for 15 squids.

answersonapostcard
6 Mar 2012 - 10:12 PM

thanks all for your suggestions, its the sim carrier (or how its connected inside), its always been a bit iffy, cant actually be removed with the pin (seems to go in way too far) I ordered a new one but its still no different. I did take it to an Apple shop (franchise) but they didnt seem particulary interested or knowledgeable.

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8371 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2012 - 5:20 PM

If you've had it less than a year and it was new when you got it, you will have 12 months warranty from Apple. If not , you can still take. It to an Apple store where, according to vodaphone, you can pay for a repair or simply get a new one ( same model , same gb) for 189. Yes, a fair bit of money but still a saving on 499 that it would cost if you didn't already have an iPhone. Genius Bar in Apple stores should be able to repair it.

answersonapostcard
7 Mar 2012 - 7:53 PM

Thanks for that Chant. I bought it secondhand so no warranty, its a 3GS Apple wouldnt just replace it for 189 with a new 4 though would they??

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108371 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2012 - 8:07 PM

This any good to you K?
Fourth down the list is sim connector replacement.

answersonapostcard
7 Mar 2012 - 9:20 PM

Thanks so much Doug, just placed an order.

hobbs
hobbs e2 Member 101222 forum postshobbs vcard United Kingdom
5 Mar 2013 - 12:02 PM

I had a friend with an old 3G that needed a new battery last year, he took it in to Apple anthey offered to replace the battery for 80 or for the same amount he could have a 4.

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3773 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Mar 2013 - 12:09 PM

Colleague has an iPhone 4 which developed the standard flaky front button poblem (apple specced a crappy part). Apple wanted 180 for a replacement phone. Local shop in Bristol replaced the part with a new one in five minutes for 20.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.