Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

iPiccy.com Challenge Gallery

Bonvilston e2
3 61 8 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 7:24PM
I recently wrote an article on here about the free software app iPiccy. That showed people how to use this excellent free web based photo editing app. It is one of the easiest around for starting doing some very creative editing.

As a way to encourage people to get going on being creative, I am setting up this thread as a Gallery for you to show the rest of us what you have made of one ( or more) of your original photos using this software. To add one simply a comment to this topic, using the add picture button to add the original and your creative creation produced by using the software. Ideally a few details about what you did to get the results would also help.

I start the whole thing off with this effort of my own.......

ipiccy1original.jpg

To show a few of the wide range of options and tools in there I did the following...

1. I increased the contrast using levels
2. I used clone to get rid of a couple of blemishes
3. I added a black vignette
4. I added a lighting effect to enhance the sun in the office block window
5.I added another lighting effect to get the light "swirls"
6.next I added a couple of "mirror" style borders, each with a different colour tone
7. I added a dark blue matte to frame the whole thing
8.I resized the original to 900 x 600

This seems like a lot, but using iPiccy it took about 10 minutes in total

ipiccy1.jpg

Now - let's see what you can do to add to this gallery ! The challenge is on

Peter

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tibetan 2 3 England
8 Jan 2013 8:04PM
Ya and thus ya! all hail, that's right Zoe, show them how to become a manipulator! 100% to you, regards Leon.GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
8 Jan 2013 8:14PM
Haha Naughty Leon. This one is Peters baby. But I will have a play and see what I can come up with. since you have challenged me Leon I challenge you to have a go and we can compare and see who is the best manipulator. Anyone else up for the challenge better get creating Peters needs some manipulations to judge Smile Smile Smile Smile
8 Jan 2013 9:23PM
Here is my first attempt at making a image with iPiccy.com
I have never used this program before.

This is the image I used.
full-moon-28-sept-2012-006.jpg

This is what I made .
full-moon-1.jpg

I used 4 different Texture effects and then I used the Artistic painting in photo effects.
Hello friends!

I'm Alex from iPiccy. I think it's great what you are doing here by using our editor.

Furthermore, we are thinking about creating the "official competition" for creative people like you on our site. Where everyone will be able to show their modified images (with "how to" guide for others) and get points, comments and even bonuses from us for the best creations.

Let me know what do you think about this idea and keep posting more creations here!
Bonvilston e2
3 61 8 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 1:38PM
I have absolutely no relationship with iPiccy at all, except that it is a piece of software that I use when working with people who cannot afford Photoshop and it suits them very well. You are a professional photographer in that you make a living from photography. This is not intended for you at all. There are lots of people out there who are at the start of their journey in photography and want motivation and a sense of acheivement. As I said I also use Photoshop, but I wouldn't dream of being so arrogant as to suggest things suitable for beginners or hobbyists are on a different planet.

I hope you enjoy using Photoshop. It is a great programme. I hope you get good results from it, but please don't denegrate those who are not ready for it yet. I have left around half a dozen different camera clubs because of this attitude. please let ePz be more open and inclusive and allow people to learn to be more creative with something a little less techical than Photoshop.

Is not your own profile on here mostly an advert for your OWN business ?????

Peter
9 Jan 2013 2:36PM
Peter
Member you are replying to has been reported to epz and removed Smile Smile
Bonvilston e2
3 61 8 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 3:01PM
Thank you Zoe. I appreciate that. peter
9 Jan 2013 4:26PM
No problem. I recommend reporting the comment if it happens again or to anyone else Smile Smile Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.