Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

IPS Monitor Calibration

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bledzo
    bledzo  269 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Aug 2013 - 2:10 PM

I have recently purchased a IPS monitor replacing an LCD monitor. I used to calibrate the LCD using "Spyder 3 Express". There is no IPS option when first setting up the Spyder only CRT or LCD. Do I need to replace the Spyder 3 Express with newer calibration software that has IPS as an option ? . My instinct tells me that while IPS is a different manufacturing process from LCD that is still the option to select and ther is no need to purchse new software. One last point the IPS screen is way too bright for post processing images is there an optimum level I should aim for in everyday room lighting conditions. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Aug 2013 - 2:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8997 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2013 - 2:16 PM

it works fine as it is, I use the same device on my Hazro 27inch ips.
    As for brightness my screen is running in eco mode, brightness 25% contrast 90%. But each will vary.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 30 Aug 2013 - 2:18 PM
    redsnappa
    redsnappa  121923 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Aug 2013 - 4:55 PM

Use LCD Screen setting.
    An IPS monitor is still a LCD screen. IPS simply refers to the manufacturing process and differences in the internal components of the monitor.

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2013 - 6:22 PM

Quote: One last point the IPS screen is way too bright for post processing images is there an optimum level I should aim for in everyday room lighting conditions.

That's really the purpose of a decent greyscale test - so you can adjust screen brightness in accordance with ambient light (ideally it's good to control ambient light - apart from anything else you'll kill your monitor faster if you run it at higher luminance levels).

Graysta
    Graysta  91135 forum posts England
    30 Aug 2013 - 7:13 PM

Thanks to the O.P and all who answered done the same myself
    All are helpful

Cheers

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.