Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

IPS Monitors

johnmac e2
4 91
19 Jun 2012 10:57PM
Hi, Iím looking at replacing my Samsung 20Ē monitor but donít know that much about monitors as you can tell. I only want it for photography not gaming. I have been told that the two listed below are good IPS Monitors and incredibly cheap for the spec. I had a look at the spec myself but no matter how much I read it, it was still Chinese. I did read that the LG was SRGB, my budget is £200 max, I know Iím not going to get a great deal for 200. Has anyone bought one of these monitors and can recommend it or give me another model that has similar spec.

Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" Premium IPS Panel Widescreen LED Monitor
LG IPS235V IPS LCD LED 23" HDMI Monitor

Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2012 11:32PM
I would recommend a 23" Dell Ultrasharp (U2312) from Amazon. I have the 24" and it is a great monitor.
chavender e2
4 226 1 France
20 Jun 2012 7:48AM
Another vote for the Dell Ultrasharp, I have the 24" and am very happy with it.
20 Jun 2012 8:37AM
I would spend the extra on the dell 24 over the two you have listed. The extra inch makes a difference and the dell is a better monitor also get yourself a calibration device.
johnmac e2
4 91
20 Jun 2012 6:28PM
Thanks for your advice, I'll definitely have a look at DELL. I do have a Spyder 3 Pro to calibrate the monitor so I should be ok calibrating it.
21 Jun 2012 4:00PM
The Asus ML239 was recommended to me and I've used a Spyder4 to calibrate it. It's a mighty fine monitor and only £175. (23" IPS)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.