Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Irony

CarlSN 7 372 1 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2009 3:38PM
Thought the following might be of interest for a few

Quote:Myk Ripley sent a message to the members of I'm a Photographer, not a Terrorist.

--------------------
Subject: Essex Police Photo Comp

Essex Police have organised a photo competition. Details here;

http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.essex.police.uk/about/a_ph_01.php

Apart from the irony, they also claim the worldwide licence on all images for three years.

Entrants can send up to three images. Perhaps the Met's 'Odd Tog' poster and/or a variant or two... Wink

Careful though, wouldn't want anyone being prosecuted for wasting police time now.

You ain't seen me, right.

Not!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattGrayson 7 622 3 England
4 Aug 2009 4:04PM

Quote:16.
Essex Police will use the photos on its website and in other publicity material to promote Essex Police. All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Essex Police for marketing and promotional purposes. You hereby grant Essex Police a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of Essex Police.
Essex Police claims the right to edit or use images in combination with others.
Any photograph used by Essex Police shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as Essex Police uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.

Smile
User_Removed 7 736 4
5 Aug 2009 12:10AM
I thought this was v funny until I clicked the link and then thought, "oh, it's real", then thought "no, it can't be". I'm so confused now! So, am I gullible or is it real? Either way, it's bloody funny!
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2009 12:17AM
I love rule 18, nice!
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
5 Aug 2009 12:24AM
I just ran it through the Alamy calculator. Actually, Alamy doesn't allow such wide use, so I just input for 3 years use of an image for a widely distributed poster, for a non-profit/educational organisation. It came out with a figure of 13,110 per image for each entrant.

What are they offering - an iPod Touch and a canvas print for the winner? Mmmm.
User_Removed 7 736 4
5 Aug 2009 12:29AM
Oh I see, you all thought it was real and I assumed it was a spoof. Now I'm really confused! I'll get my coat (for the second time tonight)
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
5 Aug 2009 9:04AM
Rules 16, 17 and 18 are taking the proverbial! Perhaps we should send them the link to the campaign against exploitation of photographic competition entries.

LOL

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.