Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Is Andy Murray a robot?

hobbo e2
3 816 2 England
11 Sep 2012 1:10PM
I don't claim to know much about tennis, but I cant help thinking that dour Andy Murray is a robot.......can't he show any emotion?.........related to the Daleks I think?

Whatever...congratulations to him on his win.

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta 9 1.1k England
11 Sep 2012 1:22PM
I thought he showed emotion at the Olympics when he won gold.
I suppose you get used to winning eventually, hope it continues for him it's been a long time in the making.
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 2:51PM
Don't forget he has Ivan Lendle as coach. As I recall he was probably even less communicative than Murray. They appear to be working well together though and that is all that matters.
cambirder 10 7.2k England
11 Sep 2012 2:53PM
He is just trying to avoid winning SPOTY by having no personality at all, but that may not work as few past winners have had any personality either Smile
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
11 Sep 2012 3:01PM
Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to throw extravagant demonstrations of emotion, despite them being the norm these days. Can't really see why it matters - he's clearly a top quality player and deserves his success. Congratulations to him.
strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 3:23PM
It looked like a long hard fought game and perhaps he is just knackered.
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
11 Sep 2012 3:24PM
I seem to recall there was plenty of unreserved emotion when he lost at Wimbledon.
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 3:30PM
Surely Murray's emotions on court re the reason that some people don't like him? If you want to alk robot, what about Lendl or Borg?

But my response is 'why should he?', he is a sportsman not a stage entertainer. I like the fact that no matter how intense he has been on court, as soon as he comes off court he is polite, courteous and always gracious whether he wins or loses, and never makes excuses (injuries or conditions) when he does not play as well as he would like.
Anything I have read about him says that he has a wicked sense of humour but is a very private person who doesn't show emotion much to anyone until he knows them. I wish him all the best in keeping his private life private.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 4:32PM

Quote:Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to throw extravagant demonstrations of emotion, despite them being the norm these days. Can't really see why it matters - he's clearly a top quality player and deserves his success. Congratulations to him.

^^^^

What he said
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 4:35PM
Let's face it, the people who dislike Andy Murray do so for reasons other than his lack of emotion. If he started regularly showing his emotions they would probably just call him a soft tart and tell him to get on with it, or claim he was attention seeking.

Personally I think anybody who has the dedication to raise themselves to the top of their chosen career (sporting or otherwise) deserves more than insults.

Ian
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 4:42PM

Quote:Personally I think anybody who has the dedication to raise themselves to the top of their chosen career (sporting or otherwise) deserves more than insults.

What he said
hobbo e2
3 816 2 England
11 Sep 2012 7:00PM
I apologise if any of you were offended, it was just that Andy compared to 99% of major winners appears to show no emotion what so ever in his voice, just the usual flat monotone......I did take great care congratulate him on his all time great win in my original....tongue in cheek post.

Sorry again Andy.

Hobbo
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 7:19PM
No need to apologise. I always take the piss when I hear him being interviewed Tongue Still a damned good tennis player though!
RichardN00 8 430 1 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 7:22PM
I was wondering who's going to be Sports Personality of the Year as most sports people don't seem to have one... Smile
peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 7:33PM
Many times and especially on any kind of forum I find logic so much easier to deal with than emotion (not a populist approach) so I can fully concur with AM.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.