Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is EPZ having problems with up-loading comments and votes?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 7789 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom171 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2007 - 9:24 PM

I'm finding it difficult to to upload votes and comments. It is taking ages when they do and a lot of the time my v&c's aren't getting through. I have broadband so they shouldn't take very long at all. Is the problem my end or yours?

Regards, Alan.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 May 2007 - 9:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2007 - 9:33 PM

Not as far as I am aware. I just viewed & voted on the first 20 pictures in the gallery with no problems at all.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2007 - 9:33 PM

Not heard of any problems.
There was a little bit of a slowdown earlier on this evening about 20:45 that I noticed, but it seems OK now.
I commented and voted on a photo about the time it slowed down, but it got through fine.

xinia
xinia  954 forum posts
11 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

Have to agree with Alan - finding the site totally erratic - from slow / pedantic to an almost stand still.......... arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh - just counting to 10 now......Smile

Take-a-View
11 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

The only part of the site that appears to be fast is the ezine store > shop

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

All I can suggest is to log a fault using the link at the bottom of the page mentioning which browser you are using and if you have any ad-blocker installed.

I can't be much more help as the site is absolutely flying for me on firefox Wink

Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 7789 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom171 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

I did try to log a fault but the comment just didn't up-load, hence the question on the forum. It seems to be alright now though so I'm happy. Doesn't take muchWink
Alan.

Last Modified By Dave at 11 May 2007 - 10:23 PM
User_Removed
12 May 2007 - 8:17 AM

Just had a major lockup about half an hour ago... Couldn't do anything so I closed the tab.

Odd feeling...

Wink

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2007 - 8:23 AM

Quote: Just had a major lockup about half an hour ago...

an explanation

Adrian

User_Removed
12 May 2007 - 8:41 AM

Thanks Adrian.

EDIT.

Just checked - and I can't see your thread on the homepage Adrian. Most odd.

Last Modified By Dave at 12 May 2007 - 8:46 AM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2007 - 8:53 AM

very strange Mike
Its there..top of the list

Adrian

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2007 - 9:10 AM

The Home Page is cached every hour, so it could take up to an hour before posts are seen in the list.
This is to prevent any negative effect on site performance.
Smile

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 81873 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

I can pick up Adrians link OK Mike it is there !
My problem is navigation - cant get from my gallery to favs etc, had a long wait to get on forum - locked up completely about 10.00am - if I go to history whatever I click on fires up in a second but to move elsewhere after that is a nightmare.
I'm on broadband - everything else on computer is flying.
Is IE6 a problem ?

Last Modified By Dave at 12 May 2007 - 11:06 AM
User_Removed
12 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

So Doug... why is it that Adrian can see that thread on the homepage - and I couldn't? Like I said in the 'other' thread, seems daft to hold up a new post appearing on the homepage for an hour! A lot of people have the homepage as just that - their homepage.

Smile

justin c
justin c  104504 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2007 - 11:18 AM

Quote: [This is to prevent any negative effect on site performance.

As Ricky Gervais would say "Are you havin' a laugh,Is he havin' a laugh."

It ain't working LOL :-(

In fact the site actually appears to be running pretty well this morning,most strange!! (apart from the front page which takes far too long to load everytime :-()

Last Modified By Dave at 12 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.