Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

is fuji provia F slide film being phased out???

ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
26 Aug 2003 1:23PM
is fuji Provia 100F slide film being phased out??
as i am having trouble locally in Cornwall finding stocks of it, one shop has told me it is going now being replaced with the new astia film.
i hope not as it is the main film stock, i use it brings out the sky and sea colours really nicely, if it does go it will mean another nail in the coffin for film sales as i only really use the fuji film now the rest of the time shooting digital!!!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sean 11 169
26 Aug 2003 1:54PM
I hope not. Fuji Provia 100F is my favourite slide film. Just bought a 10 pack from PhotoGlossy without a problem. Fuji has just introduced Velvia 100, so maybe this is the intended replacement for Provia 100F. I haven't tried the Velvia 100 yet, although I hope it isn't as difficult to use as Velvia 50.
georghiades 11 30 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2003 2:05PM
Astia is aimed at a completely different market to Provia so it would not be the replacement film.
Also there is room in the market for both Provia and Velvia 100F
UserDeleted 11 3.6k
26 Aug 2003 2:25PM
Hi,

Apparently Fujo lost a factory due to earthquake recently - another will be back up and running within 8 weeks.

This has limited stocks of XD memory cards and possibly film too.

I doubt as Andreas mentions that Provia would be phased out for either Velvia 100F or Astia - they are designed for different purposes.

Perhaps they just wanted to sell you some Astia rather than have you go elsewhere !

Mike.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.