Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is it any wonder smaller photographic businesses are in trouble ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62511 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 - 9:41 PM

As far as I know Kerso comes in from the USA and the currency moved quickly in the wrong direction, probably quicker than they adjusted their prices. The contract seems to be making USA so this is what you can get dealing outside the UK.
Mifsud's are supposed by the Consumer Protection Act to have goods available at advertised prices, unless they withdraw a mistake before a potential customer contacts then. You may have had a raw deal from them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Mar 2013 - 9:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:01 PM

I am in the UK and as far as i was aware so was Kerso , Scotland i believe. Mifsuds have removed the price and i wont deal with them again either tbh if people are going to do silly things then they can expect to get less business and i for one am happy to let people know of my bad and good experiences ......

So on that point ...

I would recommend - Clifton Cameras , had a couple of good deals with them and no issues, also WEX have been fine too with my dealings with them and MPB photographic we did an exchange with and no problems their either.

I would not recommend Kerso Flash Camera anymore nor Mifsuds who are happy to make mistakes but not do anything about them, jessops were hit and miss but are now gone

I am off now to research again and decide where to 'attempt' to spend my money next !

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:16 PM

Quote: as far as i was aware so was Kerso , Scotland i believe

No. As I understand it, Kerso (Ian Kerr) is based in the US. His sister, to whom he ships the goods, is based in Scotland.

pulsar69
17 Mar 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well that makes it even worse that they are masquerading on ebay as a uk company

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:37 PM

Technically you are buying from Kerso's sister in Scotland and you have to send the remittance to her.

Kerso is her supplier.

pulsar69
17 Mar 2013 - 10:39 PM

Nope technically they are listed as Ian Kerr in Scotland as their company address it is not my problem they are importing goods without telling people this fact. Not happy at all now. Thanks for the info

Carabosse
17 Mar 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't think they are actually a company are they? Just an "eBay shop". They could be based anywhere.

pulsar69
17 Mar 2013 - 10:44 PM

they are a registered ebay business as am I so i am aware of the rules and regulations surrounding it and they have clearly stated their business address and name on their page which is obviously not correct.

Carabosse
17 Mar 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'm not sure what is the problem though. You are sending your money to Scotland, not to the US: so the registered address is correct.

The goods are imported via the US rather than direct from Japan - either way they are imported.

pulsar69
17 Mar 2013 - 10:59 PM

The problem is 1. I bought something and they then refused to sell it to me . 2. they are advertising their goods as 'in scotland' when they are obviously trading from the US.

People need to know who they are buying from and be able to trust sellers, this is not the case with them and I for one will never go near them again.

Carabosse
17 Mar 2013 - 11:03 PM

Quote: bought something and they then refused to sell it to me

That has happened to me with retailers whose operations are based entirely in the UK. Nothing much you can do about it except get a full refund if you've paid.

Quote: they are advertising their goods as 'in scotland' when they are obviously trading from the US.

The goods go to Scotland before they go anywhere else. They are not trading from the US, otherwise you'd be paying in dollars!

pulsar69
17 Mar 2013 - 11:28 PM

There are standards and policies for sellers on ebay which have to be followed and i am afraid they have not in this instance , i too have an ebay shop and its not the way to run a business

Carabosse
18 Mar 2013 - 12:30 AM

Quote: its not the way to run a business

Completely agree but what can you do about it - other than not to use them again?

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62511 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
18 Mar 2013 - 8:52 AM

Quote: I am in the UK and as far as i was aware so was Kerso , Scotland i believe.

There can be a big difference between a UK company, and a company in USA or the Far East which dispatches goods from the USA by airfreight, first to a UK address and then re-directs them from an accommodation address.
Often a website will tell you where the contract is made, and whether or not you as buyer agree to pay taxes, which on a lens imported into the UK is about 27%.
If you do not get a VAT invoice showing a VAT registration number it is a safe bet you owe customs and excise 27% of the price.

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 18 Mar 2013 - 8:54 AM
Carabosse
18 Mar 2013 - 9:21 AM

Loads of people have bought from Kerso, including myself, and have been happy customers.

There has never been any question of import VAT.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.