Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is it me?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6685 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2012 - 12:38 PM

I would love to win the prize in the latest Sigma competition and would really benefit from the tuition offered as part of the prize - the camera would be very nice too. No doubt this will inevitably be won by someone very skilled in landscape photography, in little need of the tuition and who probably will flog the camera as soon as they get it. Yet another competition it doesn't seem worth bothering to enter.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Sep 2012 - 12:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2012 - 12:50 PM

You have to be in it to win it, otherwise no point moaning about it.
    They didn't say the best photo wins, or did they?
    So, maybe you should send your worst one in order to win? Smile

JohnParminter
    13 Sep 2012 - 12:54 PM

Quote: To enter this competition simply email your best landscape photo to sales@sigma-imaging-uk.com along with up to 80 words telling us how you would benefit from a 2 day landscape photography workshop with this superb camera.

If you enter and you aren't the best landscaper then you will have the best chance in my opinion. I think they will be looking for a winner that will appreciate and benefit from winning the prize.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2012 - 12:57 PM

So, probably send something with bad exposure, or bad composition, or not in focus..... Smile

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2012 - 1:02 PM

or send a really good one or eye catching entry and explain that it was something of a lucky shot and that consistant results are your objective

JohnParminter
    13 Sep 2012 - 1:04 PM

Quote: So, probably send something with bad exposure, or bad composition, or not in focus..... Smile

I'm sure you'll be able to find something suitable on your computer Cole.......

Smile

Coleslaw
    13 Sep 2012 - 1:04 PM

Plenty, John, plenty..... hmmmm....trying to decide on one is a headache.... Smile

Fishnet
    Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2012 - 7:39 PM

I must admit, lots of times I've looked at the winners of these comps where the prize is a fabulous top of the range camera and the person who has won it has most likely already got a fabulous top of the range camera and are going to flog it on ebay.

It seems a bit pointless to be honest. I totally see where the OP is coming from.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110188 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Sep 2012 - 6:22 AM

All life is pointless, but we still enjoy it most of the time! Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.