Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is it true or Photoshopped?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 9:04 AM

This has all the hallmarks of a conspiracy.

No rare breed dog would ever read the Daily Mirror.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2014 - 9:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:48 AM

Quote: This has all the hallmarks of a conspiracy.

No rare breed dog would ever read the Daily Mirror.

When taken hostage,it generally pays to do as your captors tell you.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:58 AM

Shut up Malcolm and open that copy of The Daily Mail.

Now read it.

paulcookphotography

My neighbour's cousin's daughter's boyfriend's dog just used the app when it couldnt believe it wasnt butter. Turned out it wasnt after all, so it must prove the validity and accuracy of the app.

Who'd have thunked it?

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 928 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
25 Jul 2014 - 11:30 AM

My half cousin's window-cleaner's wife typed a search query into Google and got irrelevant results. She refuses to use it in future as it can't be relied on.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 11:32 AM

Quote: Shut up Malcolm and open that copy of The Daily Mail.

Now read it.

Woof-woof!

Last Modified By saltireblue at 25 Jul 2014 - 11:36 AM
saltireblue
25 Jul 2014 - 11:35 AM

Quote: This has all the hallmarks of a conspiracy.

Did they look anything like these?Tongue

hallmarks.jpg

(Resumes reading Daily Mail)

Last Modified By saltireblue at 25 Jul 2014 - 11:35 AM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 7:08 PM

So have we all agreed that the app is crap? Wink

Chris_L
25 Jul 2014 - 7:17 PM

My other sister just emailed from a warzone

Chris_L
25 Jul 2014 - 7:26 PM

Quote: i still dont think you grasp the concept that if the app had delivered a verdict of 'fake' on an image that was cropped or resized, she would have lost out on the deal.

She'd already decided not to do the deal, a result of that kind had no effect.

paulcookphotography

Quote: Quote: i still dont think you grasp the concept that if the app had delivered a verdict of 'fake' on an image that was cropped or resized, she would have lost out on the deal.

She'd already decided not to do the deal, a result of that kind had no effect.

Um yeah, skimming posts methinks haha

But after all, the infamous sisters had Chris to guide them to the light haha

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2014 - 1:32 AM

Quote: So have we all agreed that the app is crap? Wink

Just tried it on a freshly processed Raw and got this, unless we only shoot jpeg I guess it is totally useless.

"Our forensic tests suggest this file has been re-saved since initial capture. Because this file is not a camera original, it is possible that it was modified"

Chris_L
26 Jul 2014 - 1:47 AM

Quote: unless we only shoot jpeg

You're hardly going to be uploading your own files Paul unless you were submitting them to a site that had incorporated the technology.

My sister recently opened a dating website. Using the handsome profits from the resale of an antique cabinet (a cabinet she bought cheaply as nobody else believed the photo of it) she has paid to incorporate the API from the Izitru site into her site.

When members upload photos, supposedly taken on their iPhones etc, other members can see a green verification tick that says "As far as we know this is an original photo".

Your photo Paul would have an "amber warning" they'd see the bubble saying "Our forensic tests suggest this file has been re-saved since initial capture. Because this file is not a camera original, it is possible that it was modified". You'd have to set your camera to jpg and upload another one.

Your photo Jester would have a "red warning". That would be it for you.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2014 - 1:52 AM

Your photo Paul would have an "amber warning" they'd see the bubble saying "Our forensic tests suggest this file has been re-saved since initial capture. Because this file is not a camera original, it is possible that it was modified". You'd have to set your camera to jpg and upload another one.

Yes I agree.

Chris_L
26 Jul 2014 - 1:54 AM

Are you okay?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.