Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Is it worth using eBay to sell anymore??

dandeakin e2
7 207 3 England
24 Mar 2013 12:31AM

Quote:If a buyer doesn't pay there are other means of redress provided by eBay. The seller can raise an item not paid case, which puts pressure on the buyer. He can exclude that buyer from bidding on his items in future, and where there is more than one bidder, a second chance option is provided.

My experience is that there is minimal, if any redress from ebay. I had someone refuse to pay for a listing immediately after 'winning' it. I had to wait 7 days before I could register a complaint with ebay and then and sell it to the next highest bidder (even though he had messaged me on day 0 saying he no longer wanted the item). I found out that I was unable to leave him negative feedback. eBay declined to say what action they would take against him citing confidentiality. Blocking an individual time waster from buying your stuff seems unlikely to prevent further time wasters given how many there must be out there.. eBay seems stacked In the buyers favour with very little seller protection. I'd much rather sell via the epz, or the excellent talk photography, classified forums.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Mar 2013 5:22PM

Quote:Yes, bit of a typo there. Already have an Oly E-P3 with 12mm, 17mm and 45mm prime lenses and I really like the look of the OM-D

Paul have you seen this offer, its very worthwhile.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/olympus-om-d-e-m5-money-off-and-free-lens---grip-promotion-21637

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.