Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Is PSE7 very 'old fashioned'?

marybal4 8 47 England
18 Apr 2013 4:47PM
Hi, I have PSE7 but have used it very little over the years. Largely because I don't understand it very much and haven't really tried to understand it but also I have been happy to keep my images as they are.
However, I am finding more and more clients are expecting one to be able to manipulate the images so I need to learn how to use it but wonder whether I should upgrade and if so, to what?
I use a NikonD70 and D7000
Any ideas please?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken Plus
12 3.5k 4 Wales
18 Apr 2013 5:04PM
The latest version is PSE11 and that works the same way as your version although it has more extras now.

In my opinion, if you've not tried to understand PSE7 then buying a newer version will be no easier.

After a bit of practise they all become clearer to understand and there's a lot of tutorials on EPZ that can help you.

Ken
Gundog 2 627 Scotland
19 Apr 2013 9:15AM
If you are not already "into" post-exposure processing and have not become familiar with PSE, then I would suggest forgetting about it meantime and getting Lightroom 4.

LR will do most of the processing that your clients seem to want - but it will be far easier for you to learn as it is much more "intuitive" than PS or PSE.

But don't take my word for it. Download a free trial from the Adobe website and play with it for 30 days before deciding.
marybal4 8 47 England
22 Apr 2013 7:39PM
Thank you for your helpful comments Smile
StrayCat Plus
11 16.1k 2 Canada
22 Apr 2013 8:39PM
I use LR4 and Elements 7. I very rarely have to resort to Elements 7 these days though, LR pretty much covers the gamut.
marybal4 8 47 England
25 Apr 2013 10:13PM
Thank you xx

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.