Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is PSE7 very 'old fashioned'?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    marybal4
    marybal4  735 forum posts England
    18 Apr 2013 - 4:47 PM

Hi, I have PSE7 but have used it very little over the years. Largely because I don't understand it very much and haven't really tried to understand it but also I have been happy to keep my images as they are.
    However, I am finding more and more clients are expecting one to be able to manipulate the images so I need to learn how to use it but wonder whether I should upgrade and if so, to what?
    I use a NikonD70 and D7000
    Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Apr 2013 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113095 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2013 - 5:04 PM

The latest version is PSE11 and that works the same way as your version although it has more extras now.

In my opinion, if you've not tried to understand PSE7 then buying a newer version will be no easier.

After a bit of practise they all become clearer to understand and there's a lot of tutorials on EPZ that can help you.

Ken

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    19 Apr 2013 - 9:15 AM

If you are not already "into" post-exposure processing and have not become familiar with PSE, then I would suggest forgetting about it meantime and getting Lightroom 4.

LR will do most of the processing that your clients seem to want - but it will be far easier for you to learn as it is much more "intuitive" than PS or PSE.

But don't take my word for it. Download a free trial from the Adobe website and play with it for 30 days before deciding.

marybal4
    22 Apr 2013 - 7:39 PM

Thank you for your helpful comments Smile

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2013 - 8:39 PM

I use LR4 and Elements 7. I very rarely have to resort to Elements 7 these days though, LR pretty much covers the gamut.

marybal4
    25 Apr 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thank you xx

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.