Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

is the eos 550D any good.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dazzaman
    dazzaman  8570 forum posts England
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:55 PM

hi there im thinking of selling my nikon gear, and swapping over to canon, (OUCH, THAT HURT)Wink im thinking of getting the 550D. just wanted to know if it was a decent camera. ive only got small hands lol, so it fits perfect in my hands.

thanking you
    dazzaman.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:56 PM

YES followed by YES. see my portfolio Grin
    i have the 550 Grin

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2010 - 6:36 PM

Quote: im thinking of selling my nikon gear

Its a big jump from brand to brand if you already have a fair bit of Nikon kit.

But the question is " Why " ...?

From a quick scan of your PF, I'd say you have been " Wringing " the best out of the D200......Smile

Good though it was when it first arrived, Its not in the same league " Technically " as the newer Nikon models......Sad

I would have thought the obvious upgrade for you would be a Nikon D300 or D300s.....Or better still a D700...Smile

Whatever, I use Nikon gear, My other half uses Canon, When we compare images from my D700 with her 5D MkII, They are almost identical, Sure the 5D MkII has a bit more resolution, But quite honestly when your looking at prints from these cameras, You can't tell them apart.

So last question, What do you think a change to Canon will do for you, Apart from lighten your bank balance.....Wink

dazzaman
    dazzaman  8570 forum posts England
    9 Sep 2010 - 7:28 PM

good question, my wife thinks im mad, but i suppose i just want a change, if i went to canon. all i would need is the sigma 10-20 canon fit, for landscapes. to be honest ive not even scratched the surface with the technical settings on the D200, and i dont think i ever will.
    dazza.

cheddar-caveman

Ah another snapper realises what he's been missingWink

I love CanonGrin

Warriorpoet
    9 Sep 2010 - 8:41 PM

If you already have the sigma in Nikon fit i would have thought your best bet is to stick that on a Nikon. If I wasn't committed to canon by the number of lenses I have I would be seriously looking at the D300 or the Pentax K7.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.