Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

is the eos 550D any good.

dazzaman 8 570 England
9 Sep 2010 5:55PM
hi there im thinking of selling my nikon gear, and swapping over to canon, (OUCH, THAT HURT)Wink im thinking of getting the 550D. just wanted to know if it was a decent camera. ive only got small hands lol, so it fits perfect in my hands.

thanking you
dazzaman.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mohikan22 10 2.2k 1 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2010 5:56PM
YES followed by YES. see my portfolio Grin
i have the 550 Grin
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Sep 2010 6:36PM

Quote: im thinking of selling my nikon gear

Its a big jump from brand to brand if you already have a fair bit of Nikon kit.

But the question is " Why " ...?

From a quick scan of your PF, I'd say you have been " Wringing " the best out of the D200......Smile

Good though it was when it first arrived, Its not in the same league " Technically " as the newer Nikon models......Sad

I would have thought the obvious upgrade for you would be a Nikon D300 or D300s.....Or better still a D700...Smile

Whatever, I use Nikon gear, My other half uses Canon, When we compare images from my D700 with her 5D MkII, They are almost identical, Sure the 5D MkII has a bit more resolution, But quite honestly when your looking at prints from these cameras, You can't tell them apart.

So last question, What do you think a change to Canon will do for you, Apart from lighten your bank balance.....Wink
dazzaman 8 570 England
9 Sep 2010 7:28PM
good question, my wife thinks im mad, but i suppose i just want a change, if i went to canon. all i would need is the sigma 10-20 canon fit, for landscapes. to be honest ive not even scratched the surface with the technical settings on the D200, and i dont think i ever will.
dazza.
9 Sep 2010 8:05PM
Ah another snapper realises what he's been missingWink

I love CanonGrin
Warriorpoet 6 213 3 England
9 Sep 2010 8:41PM
If you already have the sigma in Nikon fit i would have thought your best bet is to stick that on a Nikon. If I wasn't committed to canon by the number of lenses I have I would be seriously looking at the D300 or the Pentax K7.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.