Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is the press out of control

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 10:05 AM

Am I alone in thinking that this is appalling behaviour, even for a tabloid newspaper http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14024668?

Are the press out of control???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2011 - 10:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 10:36 AM

Quote: Am I alone in thinking that this is appalling behaviour, even for a tabloid newspaper http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14024668?

No.

Quote: Are the press out of control???

Sadly from this it would appear that they are. I hope they don't close ranks to protect the culprit(s) but I suspect they might. Ultimately you have to blame Rupert Murdoch for engendering a company ethos in which this sort of illegal and unethical behaviour appears to be tolerated.

Last Modified By joolsb at 5 Jul 2011 - 10:37 AM
mikehit
mikehit  56475 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:14 AM

And hopefully his ever-faithful rottweiler Rebecca Brooks will come a cropper over this. She really has overseen the press becoming an over-aggressive bunch of profit-at-all-costs business.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139450 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:29 AM

Rupert Murdoch is one of the unelected who nevertheless holds the reins of power. He and his organisation undoubtedly hold information about the political puppets that we don't know about and that the puppets wouldn't want us to know about!

Will the rottweilers be brought to heel? Well, what do you think? Wink

User_Removed
5 Jul 2011 - 11:40 AM

The Press have been out of control for decades K... I was once a Freelance Photojournalist and got out because I hated the Industry and all the muck-raking etc etc etc...

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:43 AM

I've heard that alot more recently Mike, journalists using their feet... perhaps the proper ones ought to start their own newspaper! Until the press complaints commission is totally independent AND accountable I cant see any end to this. The law seems very weak willed too.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139450 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:43 AM

Oh and Rebekah Brooks isn't planning on quitting. No surprise there!

Link

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 11:50 AM

Quote: And hopefully his ever-faithful rottweiler Rebecca Brooks will come a cropper over this.

Doubt it, who will Cameron go horse riding with then?

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 11:51 AM

The politicians will huff and puff, and indeed they have to. But it will require action by 'ordinary' people - like a mass movement to stop buying newspapers to have any effect.

Will that happen? I doubt it.

answersonapostcard
5 Jul 2011 - 11:52 AM

I think there is a campaign to boycott the news of the world...

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 11:54 AM

Haven't bought a newspaper for years, not since they invented soft toilet roll, which lets face is about all a newspaper is good for.....

Ade

Carabosse
5 Jul 2011 - 11:54 AM

Quote: I think there is a campaign to boycott the news of the world...

Sign me up! Actually I can't recall ever buying it but I'm with the campaign in spirit.

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 113685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:02 PM

Just boycott anything to do with Fox, Sky, The Sun, News of the World, The Times, Sunday Times, Harper Collins and anything printed in Australia . . . starved of funds, his whole empire will collapse!

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jul 2011 - 12:05 PM

Not that you'd want to, but you haven't been able to buy 'The Sun' in Liverpool since Hillsborough.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2011 - 12:18 PM

Quote: Not that you'd want to, but you haven't been able to buy 'The Sun' in Liverpool since Hillsborough.

The Scum's Liverpool circulation is between 10-12,000 a day, so somebody buys it.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.