Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is there a junior EPZer in your family?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
27 Jan 2009 - 9:43 AM

Hi Fran, BuzzyBee and I would be interested, depending on dates.

Thanks, Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jan 2009 - 9:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

VinceJones
27 Jan 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hi Fran & Hi Juniors & Parents.

I am looking forward to this a lot.

I think it might be a good idea to have at least 2 dates available just in case the first one gets full, which I think it will. If the first date is filled then a second date is there to accommodate any further interest that is shown.

For March, I only have 2 free dates available for Saturdays; these need to be looked at first by Fran, sorry if this creates any pressure.

Dates & Times
Saturday 7th March 2009 - From 11am until 1pm? or from 1pm until 3pm?
Saturday 14th March 2009 - From 11am until 1pm? or from 1pm until 3pm?

Birds to photograph
Eagle Owl (Kaln) Flight & Stills in a wild environment
Barn Owl (Gyzmo) Natural Stills
Tawny Owl (Hollow) Natural Stills
Little Owl (Willow) Natural Stills

Dress Code
Dress for the Countryside & wear appropriate footwear for damp fields
Refreshments will be made available, please bring any food with you if required. The only food we have here is Owl Food, this can be made available but I donít think you will like it!

Kit
Any camera is suitable; camera lens used can be anything from macro upwards; please do not panic if you think your lens is too small or too big. Donít stress out your parents!

Charge batteries for the day & bring enough memory cards.

Flash can be used but at a safe distance, this will be advised on the day if you feel you need to use it. Personally I would say itís not necessary.

Tripods or monopods are welcome if you use them.
Weather conditions: This I have no control over but if the day is really bad, we will simply need to re-schedule. Information can be obtained the day before; I will be in contact with Fran anyway.

Group Numbers
Group numbers for each date will be up to 12 EPZ juniors with cameras; I think it would fair to allow only 4 supporting adults. NO accompanying adults will be permitted to take shots of the birds during their visit but they can take shots of the juniors enjoying their experience, this is purely to protect the day provided to EPZ juniors.

Restrictions on adult numbers
From experience when working with juniors, it does create an attraction where whole families want to come along; I hope this doesnít create any offence to any parents. wanting to encourage juniors interested in photography, I just donít want the day to end up as a family day out, it must be a day for the Junior Photographer to focus on photography without distractions. All our staff on the days provided will be purely focused on the birds & the Junior photographers.

Cost
There will be NO COST for these 2 photo days. This is a gesture in kind from the Barn Owl Centre to encourage young photographers.

The day will be very relaxed & so will be the birds they will be working with you.

MISC Points
Question: Can a Junior member book a place on both dates?

I think I have covered everything from this end to help provide a smooth enjoyable photographic experience.
Any questions on the above plus any other points needed to be raised would be welcomed.

If any of the EPZ Team would like to create a press article on these events, please give me a call, I think it would make a great story.

Last Modified By VinceJones at 27 Jan 2009 - 12:22 PM
Tricia
Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
27 Jan 2009 - 1:25 PM

Thanks Vince
I will set things up with Fran, and send a PM to all junior members stating the times and dates available to book, it will be on a first come first served basis and it will be booked with you via email from here on in.

As the safety of our young members is utmost in our minds we will not post the names of those attending in the public forums.

Please let's arrange from here in private.The PM will be sent once I have spoke with Fran.
Thank you
Tricia

Last Modified By Tricia at 27 Jan 2009 - 1:27 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Syren
Syren  743 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jan 2009 - 1:38 PM

My daughter is on here though she hasnt plucked up the corage to put any images up yet depite my telling her she should.
We like just acros the bridge and I know that she(and her sisters, all have a keen interest) would love to come along.

Tricia
Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
27 Jan 2009 - 1:49 PM

Great, we will PM all junior members at the latest tomorrow with all the details and dates so they can pick the time to suit them with Fran.
Can we please keep junior members attendance private for safety reasons!
As EPZ must put their safety FIRST and no website site in our opinion should be naming who, where and when kids are meeting up!

I hope you all agree.

Last Modified By Tricia at 27 Jan 2009 - 1:50 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 6:11 PM

I think both dates look fine, Vince. Obviously, from my point of view and travelling, 1-3pm is best Smile

Have to agree with Tricia, about confidentiality, so I'll create a list, please PM me with names and preferred dates - - either ensure your PM is switched on, or let me have your email to confirm.

However, children must not attend on their own, they need to have a parent/guardian with them, I'm sure there will be somewhere for them to watch/get refreshments whilst the Juniors are busy!

I can bring a few basic tripods for those Juniors who don't have one.

We can organise kit etc, once we've got numbers sorted Smile

Anthony, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it, but more likely is that I'll stay over at my sisters near Chippenham Smile

Already got 5 possibles, so it looks like being fully booked.

I would say only 1 date per Junior initially, but if we don't get enough, OR any cancellations, then we can look at that again.

Please, please, only book for this if you/your Junior really intends to come. Would be horrible to turn folks down and then have spaces on the day - -Thanks

Thanks again to Vince, I'm sure it's going to be superb Smile

Fran x

Last Modified By MrsS at 27 Jan 2009 - 6:14 PM
NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2009 - 6:30 PM

I have a question. Only four supporting adults for the 12 children. Is this a 1:3 of staff and children? (as well as parent).
ta.
m.x.

MrsS
27 Jan 2009 - 6:52 PM

Dates and times confirmed as

7th march 2009 - - 1-3pm
14th March 2009 - - 1-3pm

Will confirm all other details (including staff ratios) with Vince later. Watch this space Smile

Fran x

motorsportpictures

I would love to come along, and do a bit of wildlife photography.

thanks Scott

MrsS
27 Jan 2009 - 10:24 PM

Let me know which date, Scott Smile

Fran x

Wilmot
Wilmot  6338 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2009 - 3:57 PM

As i have said allready i would love to come,i should think i will come on the 7th
Thanks again Fran (and Vince)
Steve

MrsS
28 Jan 2009 - 5:00 PM

Sorted, Steve Smile

Fran x

motorsportpictures

7th for me aswell Fran.
Scott

motorsportpictures

Thanks Fran and Vince

lurksalot
lurksalot  7332 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2009 - 10:02 PM

Great idea and good luck ,
I am sure Emma will be along to a meet like this when she has the ability to concentrate for 2 hours Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.