Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is there such a camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 6:13 PM

Quote: I've got a Nikon FM2 and wondered why there wasn't a camera like this on the market that was digital.

Because it's completely pointless. It is no more expensive to produce a camera with Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Programme modes, than to produce one with Manual only.

In the same way practically every stills digital camera now has a video mode, because it costs about tuppence to add it.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 6 Nov 2012 - 6:16 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Nov 2012 - 6:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214407 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 7:03 PM

Quote: Because it's completely pointless

No its not Smile

Why do you think I`m a big fan of the x10, x100 and the Fuji X range in general.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/fujifilm-x-e1-mirrorless-camera/

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 7:10 PM

Quote: Why do you think I`m a big fan of the x10, x100 and the Fuji X range in general.

Oh, so they are all purely manual.......... no auto modes at all? Don't be daft, Paul! Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214407 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 7:17 PM

Don`t be silly CB

Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 7:18 PM

What is silly about it? All the cameras you mention have auto modes and video as well. Not at all what the OP is talking about.

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 7:24 PM

I would love a camera like that too... I like my camera but I find scrolling through menus and switching the video thing on by accident a pain in the you know what. I don't use even half of the functions, and I don't want them. I loved the 5Dmk1... no video, slow enough for me to keep up with it, and no daft "modes" Wink

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 7:32 PM

Quote: What is silly about it? All the cameras you mention have auto modes and video as well. Not at all what the OP is talking about

Go and do some homework CB, the x100 and newer fuji x series CSC work in exactly the same way as a film camera, there`s a real aperture ring including an A setting and there`s a real shutter speed dial including an A setting, setting both A mode S` together gives you a program mode, setting either of the other A modes gives you either AP or shutter priority, plus there is full manual control as well.

Go and look at the link I posted, all of the modes are clearly marked on the top plate.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 8:33 PM

To the OP..... Avoid all the rest, stick with Leica!

M digitals have aperture priority and manual. Shutter speed dial, aperture ring on the lens and manual focus. No arguments, no faff, just shoot the same way as you do with the FM2. I do.

Nick

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 8:35 PM

Yep as I said on page 1 Smile

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 8:41 PM

Yep, but I said it first!

Tongue

GrinGrinGrin

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2012 - 8:46 PM

True Smile

Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 10:05 PM

Quote: Go and do some homework CB, the x100 and newer fuji x series CSC work in exactly the same way as a film camera, there`s a real aperture ring including an A setting and there`s a real shutter speed dial

I went and did my homework and found, hey.................. my shirt-pocket digi-compact uses rings rather than buttons to set aperture and shutter speed, when in manual mode! Grin

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 10:56 PM

My S95 has an aperture ring if that is your desire. I often use it in manual mode, aperture on the ring round the lens, shutter speed on the dial at the rear of the camera.

Last Modified By strawman at 6 Nov 2012 - 10:58 PM
Carabosse
6 Nov 2012 - 11:00 PM

Quote: I often use it in manual mode, aperture on the ring round the lens, shutter speed on the dial at the rear of the camera

Me too with my S100. It works remarkably well. Smile

Paul Morgan
7 Nov 2012 - 1:40 AM

Quote: I went and did my homework and found, hey.................. my shirt-pocket digi-compact uses rings rather than buttons to set aperture and shutter speed, when in manual mode!

Not quite the same is it

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.