Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is there such a thing?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    frenchie44
    14 Feb 2012 - 3:58 PM

I want a wireless remote shutter control with a flash shoe on top, i am making a wood stock for my canon slr to suit the macro lens with the ringflash on. i do not want the side panel open with the shutter cable coming out, the trigger will be built in if its small enough,anyone heard of such a device

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Feb 2012 - 3:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2012 - 4:15 PM

Nope but if find one let me know as I've been after the same thing for the same reasons almost....

Ade

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2012 - 5:28 PM

Sorry - I don't understand the statement.
    But I have seen remote shutter releases that double as remote flash triggers - would two of these on the same channel work for you?
    Stuart

User_Removed
    14 Feb 2012 - 5:36 PM

Shouldn't be too difficult to improvise. Calumet sell triple-flash brackets. Fit one of those on to your camera hotshoe. Put the wireless shutter control on to one of the shoes and the flash unit on to the other. Or maybe, like Jack, I am failing to understand the statement. With nikons, I would simply plug the wireless slave into the CR socket on the front of the camera and have the ring flash control on the hotshoe. If I also wanted off-camera flash, I would have the flash master on the hotshoe. Wouldn't want both the SR wireless and the flash wireless to be on the same frequency, though.

frenchie44
    14 Feb 2012 - 5:38 PM

i want to use the camera on a rifle type stock for macro work in the field, the ring flash has to go into the hotshoe, i wondered if there was a remote trigger that has a hot shoe on it. i will place the trigger part in the stock, built in

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2012 - 6:01 PM

Check out the Pixel Pro " Rook " models, They are flash triggers, That also act as remote shutter releases.....Grin

I know how good they are, Work extremely well long range, Because we use them for all sorts of special set ups.....Smile

Whats more, And again something we find very usefull, If you have a Canon & Nikon set, You can fire a Canon Speedlight & a Nikon speedlight, From either a Canon or Nikon camera, With the Canon or Nikon transmitter attached, Makes our mix of Nikon & Canon kit a great deal more flexible....!!!!!

The company linked to is great to deal with by the way.....Wink

A typical set up might be Canon 5D/II with Rook transmitter, A Canon 580 speedlight on Canon reciever, A second reciever for Nikon spec, With an Nikon SB-800 speedlight, Set to the same channel as the Canon bits, Sometimes a Canon 430 speedlight on the transmitter on the camera, Then fire the camera and all three speedlight fire also.....!!!!

Should you need that might light.....Grin

Last Modified By cameracat at 14 Feb 2012 - 6:08 PM
    cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2012 - 6:13 PM

Add to above, Unlike the realy cheap and nasty triggers, These Pixel Pro Rooks do not need a cable going to your Sync socket on the camera, To make a remote camera shutter trigger you need to use the provided lead from the Rook on the hot shoe, To where ever your remote port is located, Obviously for this operation you need to mount the Rook reciever unit, To the camera that is being fired remotely.......Grin

To be honest its far easier to do, Than it is to explain......LOL.....Sad

I'd say that this is the very thing your looking for " Ade "....Smile And they are not a rip off price either.....Grin

Last Modified By cameracat at 14 Feb 2012 - 6:15 PM
    triumphv8
    triumphv8  6446 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Feb 2012 - 10:23 PM

If you connect a flash to one remote flash head and the shutter to the other- they won't be sync'ed - unless those pixel rooks specifically account for that and perform the sync.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.