Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is this a bargain?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73302 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:03 AM

Been vaguely thinking of getting a tablet for travel use & I saw this offer.
    Is it worth buying at this price?

"For a limited time you can get this amazing 7 inch MID Android Tablet for just 69 (normally 169.95)."

V8850 CPU Android 4.04 .512 ram, 4gb flash
    CPU - VIA 8850 1.5G MHZ
    OS - Android 4. 04
    Display - 7 inch ,16:9,800x480 Multi- Touch Capacitive Screen
    Memory - 512MB DDR3
    Storage - 4GB Nand flash(8GB optional)
    Video - Video FormatMKV/AVI/WMV/RMVB/TS/TP/MPEG/VOB etc
    Audio form - atrm,rmvb, MKV,3GP,MPG etc
    WIFI - WiFi 802.11b/g
    Audio Devices - Built-in speaker & microphone
    Card Port - 1*TF Card,Maximum 32GB supported
    Camera - 0.3 Mega Pixel
    LAN - Ethernet 10/100M
    HDMI Support
    Battery - 3. 7V 3000 mAh Play Time : 6-8 Hours For Video
    I/0USB2.0, Mini USB,DC In,Earphone Jack,HDMI,TF Card Slot
    Package Charger (5V 2A) , USB cable , MID
    G-sensor Support

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Hali
    Hali  344 forum posts Scotland
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm no expert, but recently having bought 2 low end tablets, I would say that the price isn't particularly special - there are a large number of similarly spec'ed tablets around that price (or cheaper). Of course I don't know the brand - if MID has a particularly good reputation, it might make it better value than some of the others.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:24 AM

Spend a little extra is my advice and get a nexus 7 or kindle hd, them mids are cheap imports and dont always get much support for updates etc. The display alone says enough and only having 512mb ddr3 for the os to sit in is rather low.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 22 Jan 2013 - 11:26 AM
    saxon_image
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:45 AM

Gareth is spot on with his recommendations. Daughter has a Kindle Fire and its excellent (albeit very 'Amazon'). There are plenty of cheap tablets out there but as with the one you describe too often with very low specs. Novatech(no links just a regular customer) have a small but good range, including several by Disgo which have had good reviews. Just keep in mind that whatever the spec no two Android installs are ever the same - the variation between manufactures is legend.

lemmy
    lemmy  71831 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jan 2013 - 12:10 PM

There's a Youtube look at it here.

It shouldn't be dismissed out of hand at that price.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:16 PM

Quote: albeit very 'Amazon'

what does that mean? was it delivered too quickly and left with a neighbour you don't know?

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:48 PM

In my own experience and friends buying a budget tablet is a fatal mistake and will result in hours of internet searching attempting to find drivers patches and fixes every time you want to do anything download software play games etc , a load of headaches at a cheap price , and then it will probably just refuse to boot one day ! They are built with budget parts and budget operating systems programmed by budget programmers and have little or no after support - completely false economy

I bought a motorola xoom 1 after much research and well happy at under 200 it works a treat ..

Andy

Last Modified By pulsar69 at 22 Jan 2013 - 7:49 PM
    keith selmes
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:27 PM

Quote: just 69 (normally 169.95

69 is probably a fair price, and it probably works alright, but it's low spec and it doesn't look like a bargain.
    They might have been normally 169.95 a year ago.

clairewilliams
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:55 PM

The specs on that don't look very good, 69 is probably a fair price but as someone else already recommended I'd spend a bit more and get a nexus 7 or a Kindle fire, you won't regret it. I brought a nexus 7 last month and I love it, it's small, fast, and has a great HD display.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73302 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:06 PM

OK, thanks guys & gals, think I'll give it a miss.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.