Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is This Acceptable?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Gone off topic and discussing individual member
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 7:59 PM

You might find this interesting Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHfT7lYqCo

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Sep 2013 - 7:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64433 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Paul.

I sort of scooted through it as I got tired of his waffling. A few more pics, a better presentation and a more succinct talk might have held my attention. He might have had some brilliant tips but he just didn't get there fast enough for me and I found him immensely irritating. Grin

I sort of know what I'm capable of and what need to do, and anyway we all have our own methods. I don't go into it that deeply, I just document and snap if I see something I find interesting. Nothing more than that. Smile
Cheers
x

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yes it was a little long winded Smile

shakilearl
1 Oct 2013 - 1:24 AM

You might do some editing on it before you post. E.g. remove the dusts from the metallic poles.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64433 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 8:20 AM

Quote: You might do some editing on it before you post. E.g. remove the dusts from the metallic poles.

Why, exactly?

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023040 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 10:55 AM

Because its what you write when you should be in bed on a school night Wink

SlowSong
1 Oct 2013 - 11:49 AM

GrinGrinGrin

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 4:14 PM

or putting it another way it is far easier to criticise than to create.

Peter.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 8:51 PM

If this is acceptable, I can't think of anything worse. Bring on the hate mongering, it sells copy.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 1 Oct 2013 - 8:52 PM
KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 9:33 PM

Quote: If this is acceptable, I can't think of anything worse. Bring on the hate mongering, it sells copy.

I think your personal dislike of kombizz is showing here, His photo is just a record shot that could have been easily taken in any city in England at a protest. we cannot ban every picture of a protest that ever appears even when they go against our personal tastes, you asked to be kicked if you ever joined a thread he was in, now we see you encouraging readers to visit his portfolio!.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 9:50 PM

Here are the T&Cs where I will be posting my photos, maybe. I have to do a little more research. I have no intentions of posting photos on a site for which I have no respect; You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “XXXXXXXXXXXX” is hosted or International Law.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023040 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sorry, Denny, but aren't those just widely used terms on any website that allows photo submitting. A kind of ass covering legalese.

StrayCat
1 Oct 2013 - 10:45 PM

I know that Keith, that's why I'm checking it out further, I'm waiting for a reply from them to see if they allow photos such as I've linked to. At least 4 of the T&Cs mentioned apply to that photo. What is the point of allowing that type of hateful graphic on a site where people gather for recreation, it is a picture of what that country stands for, and by allowing it in our gallery with our children's photos, and for children to see, is one of the big problems in the world today. Their ideals don't belong in the gallery, they should be on the hate filled sites of the rest of the fanatics. Epz is being used to promote hatred against Israel, if you can't see that, then I feel sorry for the members, and the site.

How many times have we had photos, comments, and threads removed that contained far less than the hatred contained in that photo, but somebody thinks it's cool to leave **** like that in the gallery. How can anyone respect people like that. you tell me?

keithh
1 Oct 2013 - 10:53 PM

But is it not just journalism, Denny. It's a record shot of an event that was taking place. You, or for that matter, me as well, might not agree with Kombizz's politics or the way in which he used this site, particularly in his early membership but the photo us just a photo.

If you follow this to an end then we begin a form of censorship that would be a Pandoras Box of prejudice and personal perception.

StrayCat
1 Oct 2013 - 11:11 PM

People like him, who come from a country that supresses freedom, and bans many of the rights we take for granted, use those rights against us, knowing full well that if we put restrictions upon people like him, we are subject to cries of hypocrisy. None of our rights in the so-called free world are meant to be abused, especially by people who have no rights in their own country. One of the reasons for many of the atrocities taking place in the world today, is people who are against our way of life, taking advantage of our freedoms to attack us, some in obvious ways, and others in more subtle ways. The argument you use about opening a Pandora's box is a moot argument, and has been for many years.

Respect means a lot to me.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 1 Oct 2013 - 11:12 PM

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Gone off topic and discussing individual member