Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

is this Group FAILING ?

Gypsyman e2
4 660 England
21 Dec 2010 9:26PM
Keith, Thank you for your Comment on my photo, but there are at least 6 others of mine without
any comment. Eric.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rikewoo 11 346 1 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2010 10:15PM
I have been a member for quite a few years. I used to visit and comment fairly often as well as submitting. But over the last couple of years I have visited and commented less. I feel the Ephotozine has become a victim of its own success.

Whilst there were still a lot of uploads, it was possible to follow several members and groups were formed from which we had good constructive criticism. There were round 30 - 40 of us who followed each others uploads quite consistently. I doubt if more than a few are still members and commenting on others photos.

Now unfortunately, there are hundreds of thousands of uploads each week. Too many to keep track of. It is easier to just vote without leaving a comment and move on. Agree, it does not help the newcomer who is looking for (possible) help with their expertise.

I do not have an answer to this problem and agree it is a pity that the success of the group may be its downfall in the end. It is a fantastic site, with lots of expertise for the newcomer to learn from.

Ken

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.