Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is this the most inapproriate packaging ....... ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
ErictheViking
ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 12:58 PM

Recently bought some new walking poles on the internet and they arrived on Friday ...is this the most inappropriate packaging (the box they are leaning against) you've seen or can you beat it?

1--ric0058.jpg

Last Modified By ErictheViking at 7 Jan 2013 - 1:02 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jan 2013 - 12:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122051 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 1:59 PM

I ordered an envelope of Avery labels from Amazon the other day and it arrived in a box big enough to have held at least 50 envelopes. It was stuffed with enough paper to keep your loo happy for a week! Didn't think to photograph it unfortunately. Makes you wonder...

JJGEE
JJGEE  96101 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 2:13 PM

Well, I ventured into a new world recently and bought a SD card.

I could not open the sealed plastic packaging Sad
How on earth do SanDisk expect you to use their products ? ! !

I was at an event at my local camera shop and eventually asked around for help and it was finally pierced with the tip of a corkscrew then once the opening was made a pair of scissors to cut out the card ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 7 Jan 2013 - 2:14 PM
psiman
psiman  10551 forum posts Wales
7 Jan 2013 - 2:36 PM

Ooh Packaging Rage Sad. Amazon are beggars for using oversize packaging, I got quite excited about some of the deliveries before Christmas until I opened them up and found it was all paper wadding! The thermoformed packaging that SD cards and the like come in are ridiculously difficult to open and once you have you stand a bloody good chance of slicing your hand open on the sharp plastic edges. Have to say that although I'm not a great Apple fan, I always find their packaging to be intriguing, though not very environmentally friendly.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122051 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 2:39 PM

Such useful gadgets, corkscrews. What would we do without them? Wink

JJGEE
7 Jan 2013 - 2:41 PM

Quote: Such useful gadgets, corkscrews. What would we do without them? Wink

Excellent Comment Wink

JJGEE
7 Jan 2013 - 2:48 PM

Going back quite a while I once used a nail file to slit the tab on a 120 roll of Velvia 50 only to find a slight dent after processing on the first few frames

Lesson learnt, I never done that again ! !

rambler
rambler e2 Member 5412 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 3:41 PM

Do you mean to say that you did not order the optional 17 piece packaging opening kit priced at £156. 27 I'm surprised Wink

ErictheViking
ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 5:36 PM

Quote: Do you mean to say that you did not order the optional 17 piece packaging opening kit priced at £156. 27 I'm surprised

Yes I did but it fellout of the box before it arrived!!!Wink

Eric

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 5:37 PM

My very small pancake lens arrived in a quite large box from Amazon, but they'd stuck the lens box right in the corner and stuffed some brown paper in the rest of the box which didn't really protect the lens box at all. I did fill in their feedback though and told them what I thought.

jimthistle73
7 Jan 2013 - 5:54 PM

The UK's largest bike retailer Chain Reaction Cycles are notorious for sending tiny nuts and bolts in boxes the size a a very large shoe box. On another forum I hang about on, so many people were complaining and ranting about it that a CRC customer relations chappy came on and posted that it was because the boxes are easier to stack if they're all the same size and shape, both in the warehouse and in the vans. Which sort of makes sense...

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214385 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 6:08 PM

I once had a memory card delivered from Amazon in a huge box.

On opening I found about 4 feet of that air filed cellophane, removed this but could not find the memory card.

Turned out the memory card had slipped under one of the bottom cardboard flaps, the box itself was effectively empty Smile

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 6:32 PM

Last Autumn I was in a queue in the post office in Vitré, Brittany. I was behind a very elderly man who was carrying a parcel he wanted to post. It was about the size of a shoe box and was beautifully wrapped in brown paper. The only problem was he hadn't used a single piece of tape to secure the wrapping paper. Instead he had used just string, albeit tied with as much skill as his wrapping.

The counter assistant had a heck of a job to explain to him that he couldn't send it that way and that he would have to use tape. As he left the expression on his face betrayed his belief that whilst the world had undoubtedly moved on there were clearly things about it he was never going to get the hang of.

paulcookphotography

What about this?

74513-409256025820208-1230348349-n--1-.jpg

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 - 7:45 PM

yeah, that's pretty inappropriate !! Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.