Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is this the most inapproriate packaging ....... ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
mohikan22
mohikan22  102180 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2013 - 8:14 PM

Quote: The UK's largest bike retailer Chain Reaction Cycles are notorious for sending tiny nuts and bolts in boxes the size a a very large shoe box. On another forum I hang about on, so many people were complaining and ranting about it that a CRC customer relations chappy came on and posted that it was because the boxes are easier to stack if they're all the same size and shape, both in the warehouse and in the vans. Which sort of makes sense...

i use them regular or my business and get HUGE boxes or cables a tenth the size!! (ps.. use wiggle you get free haribos lol

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jan 2013 - 8:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
7 Jan 2013 - 10:21 PM

When I worked for HP, we ordered four parts for computers - normal size of an internal PCI card. They came in a box, with bubble wrap in another box, clingfilmed to a wooden pallette.

I'll try and see if my ex colleague still has the video we shot of him opening it..... Smile

YoBellzaa
YoBellzaa ePHOTOzine Staff 7224 forum postsYoBellzaa vcard England
10 Jan 2013 - 2:14 PM

pablophotographer

"I see the environmental concern but having studied a bit of the supply chains, I shall point you the fact that they arrived unharmed! It could be the case of more c02 created if they had arrived damaged and you had to post them back, and expect new....
It looks ridiculous but I think whoever posted them out, must not had sold just one...... reserach taken under consideration all harm and pollution cretaed by high street shopping, finds that internat sales . when they go right, on the last mile as they call it, are more friendly to the environment -Unless you go shopping with public transport.
Or on foot Wink "

Johnnie Walker.

losbarbados
18 Jan 2013 - 10:25 PM

I once ordered 1 packet of copper toning solution from Silverprint and it arrived in a box the same size as the box that had my 6x1ltr bottles of universal developer.

Although to their credit it was a box that would have contained 6 ltrs of universal developer so 10 out of 10 for recycling

pablophotographer

Hey, I have heard of warehouses so big that they can't find a 3seater sofa. It's like a needle in a hayhouse.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.